We are now accepting nominations for this week’s GO EARN IT High School Wrestler of the Week!
You can nominate a wrestler in 4 ways.
- On Illinois Matmen: Post a reply to this article / forum thread using your Illinois Matmen screen name.
- On Facebook: Post a reply to our Facebook post requesting nominations.
- On Twitter: Reply to our tweet requesting nominations or send us a DM.
- Via Email: Contact us by email with your nominations.
ALL NOMINATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE WRESTLER’S NAME, SCHOOL, AND WHAT THEY DID THIS WEEK TO EARN YOUR NOMINATION (LIST NOTABLE WINS, TOURNAMENT TITLES, ETC).
Nominations will close tonight at 5pm central time. The Illinois Matmen staff will then choose what we feel are the strongest nominations. The top nominations will then be placed in a poll on the Illinois Matmen home page for everyone to vote. The poll will close Tuesday morning at 8am at which time the winner will be announced.
The GO EARN IT Wrestler of the Week will get the choice of a GO EARN IT snapback hat or t-shirt and will have a feature story written about them on Illinois Matmen.
Thanks for participating and if you want to win this award, GO EARN IT!
- Id like to nominate bloomingtons 132# savion Haywood who avenged his only loss of the season to another great wrestler, multiple time placer and state champion Tyler Delaware of Washington high school. Match score 9-4. I believe they will be meeting againJackson Certa... (160)Freshman Aurora Christian,with wins over HM O’Hern and avenged earlier season loss(fall) to #9 Faworski to Qualify for state and placed second and a very tough Oregon sectional.Joey Cape, Washington
Ranked #3 he beat Tristan Daugherty 3-1 from Peoria Notre Dame who has been ranked #2 all season. Avenged an earlier season OT loss.Jeremiah became the first sectional champ for North Chicago in what is believed to be over 30 years.
He revenges an earlier loss to the 7th ranked wrestler and beat returning state qualifier in the finals