View Full Version : Fall Brawl in Kansas City
08-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Registration for the Blue Chip Fall Brawl will open on September 4th. Go to www.fallbrawlwrestling.com (http://www.fallbrawlwrestling.com/) for information and to register.
Over 70 state place winners, more than 25 state champions, and 17 Fargo All Americans wrestled in last year’s tournament. You can see past results and brackets on the website
09-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Registration is now open, visit www.fallbrawlwrestling.com (http://www.fallbrawlwrestling.com/) for information and to register.
09-23-2008, 01:58 PM
There are wrestlers from 7 different states signed up so far. To view the participants go to the web site www.fallbrawlwrestling.com (http://www.fallbrawlwrestling.com/) and click on the link to register. Then below the flashing button that says “register now” click “Wrestler list”
Pictures of the High School and Jr. High awards are up on the site.
High School Awards:
- Champion – Asics ¼ zip performance jacket
- 2nd & 3rd - Asics performance long sleeve
10-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Registration will close in one week (Oct. 16th at noon).
There is absolutely no registration after that date.
If you have not registered yet please go to the website to do so.
We will also have a picture of the give away shirt posted on the site soon
10-15-2008, 08:37 AM
- There is a home football game at Staley High School on Friday night. We are encouraging everyone to arrive early for weigh ins. Weigh ins will open at 5:30pm on Friday. If you arrive later in the evening parking spaces will be hard to find. Weigh ins will still be open from 5:30 to 9pm
- USA Wrestling cards are required for all wrestlers and will be for sale Friday night only at weigh ins. You will not be allowed to weigh in unless you have a current USA Wrestling card. Coaches will get free admission with a current USA Wrestling coaches card. We will allow a coach to coach with out a current USA Wrestling coaches card, however only coaches with current USAW cards will receive free admission to the tournament.
- Registration closes tomorrow (Thursday) at Noon. There is absolutely no registration after that time. If you need to change weights you must change by Thursday at Noon (this can be done by logging into your registration on track wrestling with your invoice number and password). If you do not make weight or wish to change weights after registration has closed there will be a $20 fee to do so.
- If your name is not listed on the wrestler list then your registration is not complete and you will not be added to the tournament. Please double check this to ensure you have completed the registration (this can be viewed by going to www.fallbrawlwrestling.com then click the “click here to register” link. On the next page below the flashing red sign that says “register now” there is a blue link that says “Wrestler List”).
10-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Full Brackets are available on trackwrestling.com. There will be a link from the Fall Brawl site to the brackets soon. We will also have both action and awards photos posted on the web site soon. Here are the places from Saturday.
High School - 103
1st Place - Roger Windham of Kansas
2nd Place - Jack Hathaway of Iowa
3rd Place - Skylar Wood of Missouri
4th Place - Jake Williams of New Mexico
5th Place - Forfeit Forfeit of Unattached
6th Place - Andrew Riedy of Nebraska
6th Place - Nate Kelly of Missouri
High School - 112
1st Place - Johnny Coleman of Iowa
2nd Place - Trevor Hughes of Missouri
3rd Place - Brandon Jones of Iowa
4th Place - Michael Baer of Missouri
5th Place - Trevor Brown of Missouri
6th Place - Isaac Lundgren of Iowa
High School - 119
1st Place - Alan Waters of Missouri
2nd Place - Zane Richards of Illinois
3rd Place - Denny Kleinschrodt of Missouri
4th Place - Chance Davidson of Illinois
5th Place - Matt Haley of Iowa
6th Place - Taylor Moeder of Kansas
High School - 125
1st Place - Keith Surber of Illinois
2nd Place - Dylan Penka of Kansas
3rd Place - Case Garrison of Texas
4th Place - Nick Sand of Iowa
5th Place - Kodey Divers of Missouri
6th Place - Tanner Minder of Missouri
High School - 130
1st Place - David Thorn of Minnesota
2nd Place - Chad Stroh of Colorado
3rd Place - Keenan Hagerty of Missouri
4th Place - Garrett Hathaway of Iowa
5th Place - Clint Spencer of Missouri
6th Place - Sean Melson of Missouri
High School - 135
1st Place - Louis Trujillo of New Mexico
2nd Place - Cody Swim of Iowa
3rd Place - Zachary Bintliff of Missouri
4th Place - Chase Nitcher of Kansas
5th Place - Tyler Thompson of Missouri
6th Place - Tony James of Missouri
High School - 140
1st Place - Beck Brannon of Missouri
2nd Place - Ricky Creek of Kansas
3rd Place - Josh Duus of South Dakota
4th Place - Jesse Gantz of Kansas
5th Place - Michael Merritt of Missouri
6th Place - Robert Walker of Iowa
High School - 145
1st Place - Mac Bailey of Missouri
2nd Place - Ryan Hand of Iowa
3rd Place - Chris Rubalcaba of New Mexico
4th Place - Corey Strope of Missouri
5th Place - Dylan Marriott of Missouri
6th Place - Chris Coover of Kansas
High School - 152
1st Place - Gregory Amos of Missouri
2nd Place - Dakota Magrew of Missouri
3rd Place - Jordan Krulik of Indiana
4th Place - Cody Johnston of Missouri
5th Place - Jake Horn of Minnesota
6th Place - Andrew Olejnik of Missouri
High School - 160
1st Place - Mack Mankowich of Missouri
2nd Place - Josh Cyr of Missouri
3rd Place - Jake Walker of Kansas
4th Place - Sean Gaither of Kansas
5th Place - Brian Morris of Missouri
6th Place - Hashem Omari of Missouri
High School - 171
1st Place - Chris Morales of New Mexico
2nd Place - Chaz Lyman of Missouri
3rd Place - Caleb Noland of Missouri
4th Place - John Butner of Missouri
5th Place - Kyle Powers of Kansas
6th Place - Kaleb Sweet of Missouri
High School - 189
1st Place - Jacob Nowak of Kansas
2nd Place - Jarad Sanches of Kansas
3rd Place - Hayden Bock of Missouri
4th Place - Adam Halliday of Missouri
5th Place - Darrell Risinger of Missouri
6th Place - Josh Howard of Missouri
High School - 215
1st Place - Howard Johnson of Kansas
2nd Place - Norman Graves of Missouri
3rd Place - Billy Everett of Missouri
4th Place - Taylor Wuthnow of Kansas
5th Place - Forfeit Forfeit of Unattached
6th Place - Luciano Gutierrez of Kansas
6th Place - Blaine Scott of Missouri
High School - 285
1st Place - Parker Betts of Minnesota
2nd Place - Tyler Gjerstad of Kansas
3rd Place - James Curls-scott of Missouri
4th Place - Kyle Kempker of Missouri
Mostly Missouri and Kansas, but also many Iowa and Illinois kids with some New Mexico, Texas, a few others.
The officiating was very good IMO. The table workers were tired and very human, but the officials did a good job keeping them on track. The tourney ran excellent. The brackets I was watching had 25+ quality kids.
Individually, Keith Surber impressed me taking it to Nick Sand(Iowa)14-0 in the semis. Keith's only close match was with Case Garrison Texas (3-0) who ended up taking 3rd over Sand it OT on a figure four to the head call. Keith pinned his kid in the 125 final.
At 119 unseeded freshman Zane Richards worked his way through a loaded bracket, and had an awesome match with Alan Waters in the final. Zane lost 5-3 I believe, even though the bracket result says 7-1. He really did look good. Waters is so smooth and small, he weighed in at 113. I think Illinois had 10 kids there.
Surber CHAMPION 125
Richards RUNNER UP 119
Michael Pixley Jr. High Div. 103- 3rd place
Chance Davidson - 4th 119 (lost 3rd place match 4-2)
The others all won matches but DNP
Salas (wrestled up in HS 103, his losses were close matches, I believe he went 3-2), Alex Butler went 2-2(130), Coy Davidson (119) went 1-2, losing to the 5th and 6th place finshers 5-2 and 5-1. Max Nutt(145), Courtland Rautio(112)- Court had some great matches, didn't cut any weight, was small at 112.
I recommend this tourney.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.