Illinois Matmen Forums

Illinois Matmen Forums (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/index.php)
-   College (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The First Annual IRTC "Challenges" Thread (http://illinoismatmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64266)

ChiefIllini1 02-23-2018 11:44 PM

The First Annual IRTC "Challenges" Thread

Here is the offer: I am going to publicize five (5) donation challenges about wrestling at the Big Ten Conference tournament in this thread, each um "donation" would be for $10.00, with the loser giving that amount to the ILLINOIS Regional Training Center (IRTC). The donation link to the IRTC is here.

It's simple. It's easy. Everybody is doing it.

Quote:

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This is not an official IRTC program or event. In doing this, anybody who provides or accepts a challenge is admitting that they are not affiliated as coach, board member or athlete involved in the IRTC. These are not "wagers," and this is not a "raffle" or "cake walk" like some regional training centers promote. This is a Bad*** Challenge Thread.
The donation errr "challenges" are as follows:

1. Deuce Rachal will be ON THE LOOSE in the Big Ten Conference tournament and throw a fella. If you think not, then challenge me, and the loser "donates" $10.00 to the IRTC. It has to be a completed throw, with the Deuce landing on top. I can see that you are getting into this.

2. Kyle Snyder will lose at least one match in the Big Ten Conference tournament. If you disagree, challenge me, with the loser of the "challenge" donating $10.00 to the IRTC.

3. I also think that Kyle Snyder will win all of his matches in the Big Ten Conference tournament. I can't make up my mind here. If you disagree, challenge me. The loser donates $10.00 to the ILLINOIS Regional Training Center.

4. During the television broadcast of the Big Ten Conference tournament finals, a coach or an assistant coach, while sitting matside, will be shown going for his nose. He will be so nervous, he'll forget that he's on TV and dig for gold. He doesn't have to find any, he just has to enter his nasal cavity with one or more fingers. If you think this is a long shot, challenge me! Loser "donates" $10.00 to the IRTC.

5. During the finals broadcast of the Big Ten Conference tournament, the first commercial break after the 165 pound finals match will show a television advertisement promoting a motorized vehicle. It could be a car or a truck or a motorcycle or any motorized vehicle for human transportation. It can't be an ad for jeans or anything else that has a car or truck in it. It has to be selling cars, trucks or other motorized vehicles used for human transportation. Challenge me if you disagree! Loser "donates" $10.00 to the IRTC.

Reply in this thread or by private message. If you have a challenge that you think might intrigue other posters, please let's hear it already!

GO IRTC!!!

ChiefIllini1 02-24-2018 05:16 AM

Okay, one more:

6. During the finals broadcast of the Big Ten Conference Tournament, the announcers will mention "head and hands defense" in at least six (6) of the ten (10) matches. Challenge this if you dare! Loser donates $10.00 to the IRTC.

GO IRTC!!!

jay31 02-24-2018 10:08 AM

I accept your challenge on #2.

ChiefIllini1 02-24-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay31 (Post 539939)
I accept your challenge on #2.

That's gonna cost me, I think.

Cheers, jay31!

jay31 02-25-2018 01:51 AM

Actually I think 1 and 2 have your best odds for a win. Go Deuce!

ChiefIllini1 02-25-2018 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay31 (Post 539999)
Actually I think 1 and 2 have your best odds for a win. Go Deuce!

I hope that the Deuce does whatever it takes to win, whether he launches a fellow or not.

My best prop bet ever was during the last few minutes of Super Bowl XXX, a tight game between the Cowboys and the Steelers. I bet that a coach would go for his nose on TV before the final whistle blew. The tension was surreal. Who could blame them?

Everybody there at the party wanted in on that action. And in my greatest moment of sports glory, Steelers coach Bill Cowher went digging for gold on camera. I almost died right then.

GO IRTC!!!

ChiefIllini1 02-28-2018 01:28 PM

I believe that the ILLINI will have as many or more Big Ten Conference Tournament Champions than all but one other school. Don't believe me? Challenge it! Loser donates $10 to the IRTC.

pcc club coach 02-28-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 (Post 540417)
I believe that the ILLINI will have as many or more Big Ten Conference Tournament Champions than all but one other school. Don't believe me? Challenge it! Loser donates $10 to the IRTC.

I will take the big ten challenge champions. Penn St will have 3/4 depending on Nolf’s health. Illinois will have 1. If Coon wins at hwt with Micic that is 2. If Synder wins at hwt it will go with Moore or McKenna.

10 Bucks your on. Doug Hoselton here

Will give them $10 of my money soon either way.

ChiefIllini1 03-01-2018 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcc club coach (Post 540478)
I will take the big ten challenge champions. Penn St will have 3/4 depending on Nolf’s health. Illinois will have 1. If Coon wins at hwt with Micic that is 2. If Synder wins at hwt it will go with Moore or McKenna.

10 Bucks your on. Doug Hoselton here

Will give them $10 of my money soon either way.

Haha! You're awesome!

But, I think I win this one. Right now, I'm going with the ILLINI coming away with three Champions. I also have a dark horse ILLINI wrestler, so I think that 2 is a pretty safe bet for me. We'll see!

GO IRTC!!!

ChiefIllini1 03-01-2018 12:44 AM

Here are my picks for Champions:

125 Spencer Lee. Pio is a very dark horse, but he could get a second round bye against Suriano, then a lat drop of Rivera, and, after that, who knows what can happen in a finals.

133. Stevan Micic. Duncan will over-perform his seed, unless the coaches come to their senses and give him an appropriate final seed. Still, he has turned it on in tournaments before with big time wins.

141. Michael Carr. I think he's the cream of the crop when it comes to takedowns at this weight in the Big Ten. Plus, he's got that Pennsylvania mat savvy. If he lifts up Nick Lee (or finishes quickly), then those long arms of the Nittany wrestler can't grab his ankles. I believe that McKenna is already too big for this weight.

149. Zain Retherford.

157. Michael Kemerer. Even if Nolf is a go, and I seriously doubt that, he'll be way behind in the gas tank department, and that was his one true advantage. Kemerer will be the last of the Hawkeye champs this year. I don't see Marinelli, Wilcke or Stoll having a legitimate shot. My dark horse is Kyle Langenderfer. Somebody's told Chief_Cowboy that Nolf is out, right?

165. IMAR.

174. Mark Hall. I'll be rooting for anyone but him, but he has the best chance of winning the weight. This could be an upset special weight class because there will be tough matches for everybody from the quarters on out, and I don't think the top guys are separated by that much from the rest, like in other weight classes.

184. Emery Parker. I just don't see it as an upset. I see it as a guy continuing to get better.

197. Kollin Moore. The first of two Buckeye champions. I think he's out of his funk and wrestles smart and hard (with a gas tank) against everyone.

285. Kyle Snyder. A win here for Adam Coon would be an even bigger shock (at least to me) than his earlier defeat of Snyder.

GO ILLINI & IRTC!!!