View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
Chief, you better not be slacking here....I expect to see a "Getting Dane Durlacher" post. This one is kinda special as it begins what could be 3 in the next generation of Durlachers to wrestle for the Illini. There's a legacy if I ever saw one. What true Illini fan could ever forget his late, great, undersized, cocky, charismatic uncle committing to Illinois 26 years. No fanfare not because he was not a highly accomplished high school wrestler in both Folkstyle and International styles, but because not many thought he'd ever have the size to make it at the D1 level. He turned that into one of the more storied careers in not just Illini history but the history of all great wrestlers our state has every produced. Seeing him compete on the elevated mat at the UNI Dome in 1997 for the National title against Iowa's Jesse Whitmer after knocking off defending national champ Sheldon Thomas was one of the greatest Illini wrestling moments I ever witnessed. And now his nephew is following in the footsteps of Lindsay and his father, Dave. Can't see what you pull together for this latest commit, Chief.
Holy cow!

(And outstanding story to go along with it!).

GO ILLINI!!!