Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IESA

Old 04-07-2012
Junior Varsity

Top 10 Teams 2013

Top 10? .......
Old 04-12-2012
Cobra Kai

2013 should be Homer Glem Homer's year. They had alot of younger kids do extremely well this year and have large numbers.
DCR - had the dream team in 2012 but are losing alot of 8th graders.
Hadely - was on the young side also.
Coal City - always comes up with 6 tough kids in march.
The team with the most potential to sneak in and win...LeROY! They just get more and more solid.
Old 04-13-2012
Now that's RANK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4broke View Post
2013 should be Homer Glem Homer's year. They had alot of younger kids do extremely well this year and have large numbers.
DCR - had the dream team in 2012 but are losing alot of 8th graders.
Hadely - was on the young side also.
Coal City - always comes up with 6 tough kids in march.
The team with the most potential to sneak in and win...LeROY! They just get more and more solid.
Leroy is tough, that's a great call. Homer is returning a lot, but lose a lot at 8th grade, too. I'd be interested to see how their younger guys did down state (I know Assaf won a lot, but did their other 7th graders win some matches?). Hadley is the most real. I wouldn't overlook Caruso, either.

Canton is very, very real.

Too early to tell, but I'll go way early preseason rankings as:

1. Hadley
2. Canton
3. Homer
4. Caruso

Could contend: Mattoon, Hawthorn North, Deer Path, Johnsburg, DCR, Caruso, Coal City, Clinton

and I may have missed some

Last edited by The Rankster; 04-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rankster View Post
Leroy is tough, that's a great call. Homer is returning a lot, but lose a lot at 8th grade, too. I'd be interested to see how their younger guys did down state (I know Assaf won a lot, but did their other 7th graders win some matches?). Hadley is the most real. I wouldn't overlook Caruso, either.

Canton is very, very real.

Too early to tell, but I'll go way early preseason rankings as:

1. Hadley
2. Canton
3. Homer
4. Caruso

Could contend: Mattoon, Hawthorn North, Deer Path, Johnsburg, DCR, Caruso, Coal City, Clinton

and I may have missed some
those seem like very possible predictions, hawthorn north is usually strong also they have geick returning next year , deerpath is a decent team with a few good wrestlers like tupanjac, who i hear is doing a lot of off season stuff, or kennedy who should made it down state this year. Caruso is getting better every year i think they could even win it especially with heller returning
Old 04-15-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler98011 View Post
those seem like very possible predictions, hawthorn north is usually strong also they have geick returning next year , deerpath is a decent team with a few good wrestlers like tupanjac, who i hear is doing a lot of off season stuff, or kennedy who should made it down state this year. Caruso is getting better every year i think they could even win it especially with heller returning
Caruso will be very strong. They have Jones, Kerstein, Brailov,a 5th grade Heller (won Midget state) along with state champ 80lber Holden Heller, 2 time state qualifier Utterback ( he will place next year) state qualifiers Harris and Pomerantz, and a few tough JV kids that couldn't crack their varsity lineup but good athletes. Word is they have a dozen kids doing Cohen club off season and competing at a bunch of off season tournaments. Deerfield HS has been strong the past 4 years and with Shepard's Mehrholz, Riskind,Perovic, Clough and a talented young group along with this Caruso 8th grade class Sage Heller, Kupets, Williams and Beyer they are going to be solid for years.
Sponsored Links