Assistant Varsity Wrestling Coach Needed @ Urban Prep-Englewood
Urban Prep Charter Academy for Young Men
6201 S. Stewart Avenue
Chicago, IL 60621
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Phil Radke, Director of Student Activities & Athletics VIA E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls and cover letter/resume drop-offs WILL NOT be considered.
Applicants will be considered until position is filled.
- Assistant Coach would be willing to be a understanding father-like figure, a mentor, an academic tutor, and a coach with high expectations, no-nonsense attitude, and willing to push black males to be their best 24/7.
- Assistant Coach will have graduated from high school and college (hopefully with honors) and have high school and collegiate wrestling experience and at least 2 years of coaching experience.
- Assistant Coach would be expected to be at Urban Prep-Englewood for practice from 4:45PM to 7PM, Mondays-Fridays and on some Saturdays from 8AM to Noon.
- Match and competition schedule will vary depending on schedule (set by head coach and Director of Athletics)
- Should be Urban Prep-Englewood's first wrestling team to have individuals qualify for IHSA State Wrestling Match! Overall 2011-2012 record was 6-8 (9-5 in 2010-2011) with a conference record of 3-2 in both years. Student-athletes at the 170# and 195# qualified for CPS Championships, 170#er finished 6th in the City as a Junior.
- With 180+ young men in the freshman class, the team should be able to fill all weight classes and be competitive at both the city and state levels this year.