Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 05-22-2018
Varsity

Renteria granted release from Nebraska

Does Illinois go after him? Would love to see him with that I on his chest.
Old 05-22-2018
CS8

The article on Flo said he can be contacted by any school OUTSIDE of the big ten. Does that mean U of I is not an option??

Also, maybe I was living in a cave, but I didn't realize he missed weight at NCAA's.
Old 05-22-2018

UNC and Missouri were the only two in his top5 that aren't in the B1G after he decommited from Iowa. Wonder if he ends up at either of those schools. I'd like to see a school in southern illinois that just relocated to the MAC try to make a push for this kid.
Old 05-22-2018
hawkeye 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernil View Post
UNC and Missouri were the only two in his top5 that aren't in the B1G after he decommited from Iowa. Wonder if he ends up at either of those schools. I'd like to see a school in southern illinois that just relocated to the MAC try to make a push for this kid.
He has good friends on the team at unc so that is a possibility
Old 05-23-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailerMan View Post
The article on Flo said he can be contacted by any school OUTSIDE of the big ten. Does that mean U of I is not an option??

Also, maybe I was living in a cave, but I didn't realize he missed weight at NCAA's.
He hasn't used his redshirt, so I think he could transfer to a Big Ten school, but he wouldn't be allowed to be on scholarship or compete next year if they gave him a conditional release.
Old 05-23-2018
Varsity

If he transfers to a Big 10 school, then by the Big 10 rules he would lose a year of eligibility. Guys have transferred inside the Big 10 and gotten the NCAA to overturn this rule. I believe Stevan Micic did not lose a year nor did Nick Suriano.
Old 05-23-2018
Varsity

How much does it hurt his hunting for a next spot given that he missed weight for the most important tourney of his life to date?
Old 05-23-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle View Post
How much does it hurt his hunting for a next spot given that he missed weight for the most important tourney of his life to date?
Some, but he's still talented and people were saying Nebraska coaches rushed him and he should've been redshirted, so it won't all blowback on him.
Old 05-23-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-I-am View Post
He has good friends on the team at unc so that is a possibility
He'd be looking for a spot at 141 most likely. Hernandez (OPRF) went 141 this past year so I don't know if he'd be looking to come in and take a spot from him unless Hernandez is also planning on changing weights.

Missouri has 2x AA and now US Open/WTT runner-up Jaydin Eierman at 141 so I doubt they're looking for 141 pounders.
Old 05-24-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwrestling View Post
He'd be looking for a spot at 141 most likely. Hernandez (OPRF) went 141 this past year so I don't know if he'd be looking to come in and take a spot from him unless Hernandez is also planning on changing weights.

Missouri has 2x AA and now US Open/WTT runner-up Jaydin Eierman at 141 so I doubt they're looking for 141 pounders.
How about Carr moving up to 149 and Renteria coming in at 141? Solves one of our problems and makes us pretty good from 125 through 149.
Sponsored Links