Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Say it ain't so

Just read the flyer for Husky "National"

$40-45 to register
$15 for adults including coaches (thought coaches are free at IK events)
$5 for kids ( what a deal)
$15 for a coaches passes

So an out of state organization figured it out. Let's go to Illinois, make a money grab, and go home. Supply and demand, can't wait to see how many cattle get herded into this event.

Bring back Celtic Elite.

Now let me hear all the die hard dad's that "need" national competition defend this event.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Kind of reminds me of iway
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Coaching at grand river rumble same thing 20 to get in plus 20 for coaches band. Not counting entry fee for each wrestler doing individual or duals. But yes I thought coaches get in free for IK events. Im sure between now and december someone will contact IK and them to explain coaches are free.

Last edited by 2on1; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:19 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on1 View Post
Coaching at grand river rumble same thing 20 to get in plus 20 for coaches band. Not counting entry fee for each wrestler doing individual or duals. But yes I thought coaches get in free for IK events. Im sure between now and december someone will contact IK and them to explain coaches are free.
And then I AM SURE the entry fees will go up then.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Weber View Post
And then I AM SURE the entry fees will go up then.
The fee for admission is same throughout the tour. Its very unlikely they will raise registration fees just for IL especially since kids are already registered. Almost all national events we have been to are $40-50 for registration of participants. I spoke to IK and they advised to bring coaches card. That should cover admission and coaching entry. They are reaching out to them about this issue. Im sure it will all be worked out. In regard to celtic elite, reach out to club and IK to bring tournament back. Im sure the numbers will be there if it does come back. Imho its great IL is now part of the midwest tour. IL only has 3 national events, winter, huskie, and midwest nationals. Besides a very few regular season tournaments, its the only time young wrestlers get to see out of state competition but in our home state. Imo this isnt a bad thing.
Sponsored Links