Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 5 Days Ago
Varsity

Intermat Rankings

New rankings are out Montini ranked 4th and Marmion 44th.
Old 4 Days Ago
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Given their schedule, I think Montini has a great shot at the title. They get to face all the top teams.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 3 Days Ago
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Given their schedule, I think Montini has a great shot at the title. They get to face all the top teams.
Indeed they do!

And I was entirely off base before, apparently.
Old 2 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
The Clash in Rochester will most likely determine the outcome.
Old 1 Day Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
The Clash in Rochester will most likely determine the outcome.
I don't think so. I think the Ironman, Blair/WyoSem/SPG duals and Nat'l Preps will all have more impact on who's ranked #1 at the end. I think 8 of the top 9 teams are at the Ironman. If Montini doesn't win the Ironman, winning the Clash alone won't get them the top spot. They need to outscore at least one (probably two) of Blair/WyoSym/SPG, win the Clash and then hope that whoever they were behind at the Ironman knocks off whoever was in front of them in a dual and/or Natal Preps.

Good thing about this year is they can control their own destiny by winning both the Ironman and the Clash.
Old 1 Day Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
I don't think so. I think the Ironman, Blair/WyoSem/SPG duals and Nat'l Preps will all have more impact on who's ranked #1 at the end. I think 8 of the top 9 teams are at the Ironman. If Montini doesn't win the Ironman, winning the Clash alone won't get them the top spot. They need to outscore at least one (probably two) of Blair/WyoSym/SPG, win the Clash and then hope that whoever they were behind at the Ironman knocks off whoever was in front of them in a dual and/or Natal Preps.

Good thing about this year is they can control their own destiny by winning both the Ironman and the Clash.
If they finish in the top 3 at the Iron Man they could still win it. My point was if they don't win the Clash a dual tournament they have no chance at all. Your point is well taken.
Old 1 Day Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post

In 2015 Oak Park won national champs and they finished 3rd at the Iron Man. They destroyed everyone else and they beat # 5 Clovis at the Clash. But you are correct "the ball is in their court". And that's all you can ask for.
Old 1 Day Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
In 2015 Oak Park won national champs and they finished 3rd at the Iron Man. They destroyed everyone else and they beat # 5 Clovis at the Clash. But you are correct "the ball is in their court". And that's all you can ask for.
They had the consideration of the full team that took the mat to end the season not competing at the Ironman as well as the assistance of teams that finished ahead of them losing in the Blair/WyoSem/SPG duals and National Preps. The same perfect storm Montini would need if they don't win the Ironmnan.
Old 18 Hours Ago
Varsity

no more buchanan at the clash.
Old 17 Hours Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinionated View Post
no more buchanan at the clash.
Then Montini would have to win the Ironman to leapfrog them. I could see Buchannon being intermat's #1 by way of the other contenders beating each other.