Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 1 Week Ago

The Magic Man, David Taylor, is coming to Illinois! 11/21/18

World Champ Camp w/ the Champ David Taylor!

...is coming to the new Titan 2028 Wrestling Club located in Elmhurst, Illinois on Wednesday, November 21st. 

Learn the Magic Man's strategies, techniques, and attitudes that helped him to become one of the most dominant wrestlers in the world. David is recently coming off a stellar world championship performance and capturing his first World Title. Prior to his international career, David was a two time NCAA Champion and four time NCAA Finalist. He won the Hodge trophy award for most dominant wrestler in the NCAA during both of his gold medal NCAA Championship seasons. He was most widely known for his barrage of technique and turns from the top position, a much neglected area in wrestling throughout the state of Illinois. David will be focusing this clinic on some of his skills and tricks from the top as well as his attitude and philosophy when it comes to training, competing, and everything in between. This is an excellent opportunity to meet and learn from arguably one of the most skilled wrestlers currently on the planet.

Sessions are as follows:
Session I: 9am-1130am - 6th grades and younger, $65 per person
Session II: 1200pm-230pm
 - 7th -12th grades, $65 per person

Registration will be limited due to space constraints so be sure to secure your spot today for this event. 

Link to register...

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/m2-worl...dssbdestsearch

For any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to titan2028wc@gmail.com

"Titan 2028 is an up and coming kid's and high school club located in the Elmhurst area that is committed to providing an amazing training program designed to engage and retain athletes within the sport of wrestling."

Thank you,
Kevin A. Sliva
Club Director - Titan 2028 Wresting Club
Head Wrestling Coach - IC Catholic Prep HS
Elmhurst, Illinois
titan2028wc@gmail.com

***All high school coaches should be aware of the IHSA rule prohibiting their involvement if more than two of their athletes attend the camp***
Old 5 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Pretty sure this illegal for high school kids to attend.
Old 5 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
Maybe Izzy is involved, then everything is legal
Old 5 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
That's a valid point I was hoping someone would make.

On the IKWF side, I've seen a lot of coaches manuevering on here to assemble "dual teams" in the midst of the IKWF season to take kids out of state to compete. What gives? They're assembling these teams from many clubs' rosters. Makes no sense. Don't you sign up to be with YOUR club during the season?

The fact that coaches of one club are trying to get kids from another club to leave Illinois with them is not good for our home state wrestling. It should be discouraged.

As per this thread subject, nothing intended against THIS opportunity. It's before the IKWF competition season begins so I encourage people to attend -- just maybe not HSers. Sorry to detour the thread. I'll resume my rant where applicable...
Old 5 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
That's a valid point I was hoping someone would make.

On the IKWF side, I've seen a lot of coaches manuevering on here to assemble "dual teams" in the midst of the IKWF season to take kids out of state to compete. What gives? They're assembling these teams from many clubs' rosters. Makes no sense. Don't you sign up to be with YOUR club during the season?

The fact that coaches of one club are trying to get kids from another club to leave Illinois with them is not good for our home state wrestling. It should be discouraged.

As per this thread subject, nothing intended against THIS opportunity. It's before the IKWF competition season begins so I encourage people to attend -- just maybe not HSers. Sorry to detour the thread. I'll resume my rant where applicable...
I'm so dizzy spin doctor.
Old 5 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I'm so dizzy spin doctor.
You should sit down then.
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:

This is definitely LEGAL for ALL high school students and grade school students to attend. I had a phone conversation with Mr. Sam Knox at the IHSA about this event and would not have posted it here if it were illegal. You can reach out to him anytime if you have any questions or concerns about a high school student attending. - sknox@ihsa.org , (309) 663-6377

The only issue with clinics like this during the wrestling season pertains to high school COACHES attending. How Mr. Knox explained it to me was that if more than 2 students from the coach's high school attend then no coaches from that same high school can attend or be involved in any way.

Here are the articles from the IHSA by-laws that Mr Knox read to me over the phone that specifically pertain to this clinic and high school COACHES (FYI this also pertains to ALL IHSA sports not just wrestling)...

During the school year, a person who is a coach at any member school may not be involved in any respect with any coaching school, camp, or clinic for any interscholastic sport or which provides instruction in any skill of an
interscholastic sport and is attended by MORE than two (2) persons from the coach’s school.

During any time of the calendar year, any number of students from a member school may attend a coaching school, camp, or clinic provided no person who is a coach at the students’ member school is involved in any
respect with the coaching school, camp, or clinic. If a coach at a member school is involved in any respect with a coaching school, camp, or clinic, the number of students from a member school who can attend the coaching school, camp, or clinic shall be limited to the number outlined in IHSA By-Law 3.111. (which is 2 from above)

https://www.ihsa.org/documents/forms...A_Section3.pdf

In addition, I checked with the IKWF and they have no such rule that would restrict any club's coaches or wrestlers from attending.

So that said, SEND YOUR KIDS and SPREAD THE WORD! This is a one-of-a kind opportunity to be around David Taylor...a new World Champion and Olympic 2020 gold medal hopeful. AND David is excited to be around the Illinois kids! Let's get our kids excited to be participating in this sport that we ALL love...so that they tell their friends and get them out to participate. We all need to start working together a lot more to help increase and retain the number of kids in wrestling...especially in Illinois.

Thank you,
Kevin Sliva
Old 3 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Thanks, Kevin! This will be a great opportunity for all youth and high school aged wrestlers. And with Sam Knox confirming it's ok for all high school wrestlers, the timing is perfect to join us just as your season is beginning.
Sponsored Links