Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 12-23-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach D View Post
what does this have to do with wrestling? NOTHING! This crap happens all over, even worse but doesn't wind up on the wrestling forum. I think there is a different agenda here other than to discuss wrestling! Very sad! Karma? Maybe, maybe not?
I agree todays story has nothing to do with wrestling.The other stories absolutely are wrestling related .im not a fan of starting a chat about accusations or personal stories of people .This is all public record and discussing coaches fired or retiring and athlete transfers
In this era there is no room for chances or confidentiality especially when your successful.A winning program is hard to build ...even harder to substain....and damn near impossible to keep your program away from accusations ,rumors , and everyone from the border police to the Irs validating your residency,eligibility,age ,and truth to if and when you made scratch weight .i wouldn't have a problem if this happened at a powerhouse badminton school and we were notified on matmen .The newspaper felt it was important enough to report without declaring him guilty .Karma ? Hell no . A high school head honcho who is suspected of something found on his device that was enough to involve police . The only sad thing about it is some people automatically think there is a agenda or improper to discuss here .

Its 2017 unfortunately your usually guilty until proven innocent and if ya cheat lie or any other scandalous behavior ....ya better be good at it .....someone or something will get u caught ........as for anything that a coach teacher or anyboy who has day to day contact with children or athletes Particularly when law enforcement confirms there is proof of some sort of inappropriate content .i dont feel bad at all .
Actually iwould attach it to as may outlets as possible to all youth and parents ....if your not guilty you may have some restoring of your image and just as many notifications should be sent out that your innocent.
Where there is smoke typically there is fire .Proof is usually what ignites the fire and hard to overcome the trust and confidence of parents even if your found innocent in a court of law and his happened at a elite high school which their wrestling program and wrestlers are often discussed on matmen

https://youtu.be/5HNWhVXcjV8
Old 12-23-2017
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kid View Post
#MaroonIsTheNewGreen
That's clever! Mind if I use it?

I mean... is it like, you know, OKAY to use?

It's not code for any inappropriate material, is it?

You can't be too safe nowadays...

#Karmarunoveryourdogma?
Old 12-23-2017
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
#Karmarunoveryourdogma?
Keep thumping your chest. As sad and disturbing as this story is, it doesn't mean that you are a good guy all of the sudden, or that your or your son's actions were appropriate.
Old 12-23-2017
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duncan View Post
it doesn't mean that you are a good guy all of a sudden
Just what you guys need.

More people to tell everyone who's a good guy and who isn't.

Carry on Jim.
Old 12-23-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
Just what you guys need.

More people to tell everyone who's a good guy and who isn't.

Carry on Jim.
Sure was nice for those few years that you had a son in college and your other son wasnt in high school yet so we didnt have to read your bullshit on the boards.IL Matmen needs the ignore button like many other boards offer and when you ignore someone there posts dont show up.Would be a game of cat and mouse with you though with all your screen names.Poor Izzy I feel sorry for him having to deal with you and worrying when you might turn on him.
Old 12-23-2017
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by calotofwrestling View Post
Sure was nice for those few years that you had a son in college and your other son wasnt in high school yet so we didnt have to read your bullshit on the boards.IL Matmen needs the ignore button like many other boards offer and when you ignore someone there posts dont show up.Would be a game of cat and mouse with you though with all your screen names.Poor Izzy I feel sorry for him having to deal with you and worrying when you might turn on him.
There’s a way to ignore....
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCS View Post
There’s a way to ignore....
Thanks for the info
Old 12-23-2017
Olympian

Thanks to all for your continued support.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Old 12-25-2017

As a former athlete, I was close to him, and he always treated me very well. Yes, that means nothing, as priests and cardinals have been accused of bad things, but let’s first get the details before creating a witch-hunt. He’s from a different era. At times in the gym together he would do things some might feel inappropriate for a priest or superior, but I thought nothing of it, and it was always in public, and around plenty of people. He’s an old-school type of priest. Let’s stop assuming he’s a monster when we do not even know what the images are. It could be a naked college girl for all we know. If the images are what we fear then feel free to vilify him, but let’s get the facts out first. How did someone even get a hold of his phone anyway? If he was really afraid of these images then why did he leave his phone lying around or let someone borrow it? When the facts are released, then judge.

Last edited by Crixus; 12-25-2017 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2017

The most troubling part of this right now is the jumping to conclusions. By the people watching and by the school most of all. There are protocols to follow when allegations get made. The safety of children always takes precedence. The "forced retirement" wouldn't be part of any reasonable protocol however. I think that's what has most people concerned. I don't see any way they would ever let him return yet that has been publicly stated as a potential option. Getting past all the departing wrestlers, coaches and now school leaders will leave a clean slate to start rebuilding.
Sponsored Links