Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 12-29-2017
Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersenkid2 View Post
I have 2 all-access passes plus parking. Make an offer.
Gave away one of the passes and the parking pass. Still one all-access pass available if anybody wants to go tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2017
Double stud

Sears Center has driven all Midlands costs and, hence, prices WAY up. It's a beautiful venue but I wouldn't wish the pricing on my worst enemy. Dam excited to be back home next year.

Not sure about pricing at the new Wintrust Arena, but I've been there. The floor can easily hold 10 mats, and it is also a beautiful facility but WAY better located.
Old 12-30-2017
1 and Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwsingle View Post
“Travel like the rest of the state,” you say. Why would they travel when 90% of the 3a schools are in the Chicago area. Also I was looking at the assignments and a school like Oswego has regionals in Moline, sectionals in Alton, then state in Champaign. Sounds like some traveling to me.
The point of his original post is that people are being Chicago-area-centric. I'd say your post confirms that.

Never mind the fact that Quad City teams in that same regional have traveled to Bourbonnais and then Normal in back to back weeks on multiple occasions, but because it affects a team you are familiar with, like Oswego, now it's a big deal.

Since you're on the subject, a venue that holds 12,000 people, has room for 12 mats, and has held multiple IKWF state tournaments in the past, how about everyone come to the Quad Cities for the state tournament? The Taxslayer Center (formerly iWireless and The Mark of the Quad Cities) is the venue I'm referring to. I mean, if we're going to suggest things that only benefit ourselves, I'll take that.
Sponsored Links