Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2018
Spinning in circles

I would have to agree that when we won it in 2010 that was the last time a homegrown team won it. Our kids club Indians elite only accepts wrestlers from within our High school district. At times this has hurt our club room for practice partners for elite level kids. For those kids some went to other clubs to seek better partners some chose supplemental training such as overtime, king select etc in order to get pushed harder. Most of those kids that chose other clubs for the partners have returned to Minooka for High school.. I also agree that there wasnt a bunch of superstars on that 2010 team but rather a group of solid very tough kids that were committed to the coaches and hated to loose more than ANYTHING.. Best of Luck to all the teams in the final push and we hope to be in the mix for the big prize!
#homegrown
#indians
Old 01-17-2018
Olympian

Minooka always has great numbers in their wrestling room and this year is no exception. This year's team is part of a nice resurgence in home grown quality teams IMO. Lot's of strong home grown teams this year. None can compete with Montini which is a bit of a shame. The inevitability of the coronation makes for a boring team state series this year.
Old 01-17-2018
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
The Dardanes may have transferred from Fenwick, but in their UMinn bios they listed Chicago as their home town, not Oak Park, (you can google the yearly rosters) and did from freshman year on.

Like you, I have no idea who the last home grown title team in 3A (or AA) would have been. The OP's high school team certainly would have qualified in that regard, but that was over 20 years ago.
More to it than that. Both Nick and Chris started with the Little Huskies and continued to wrestle there in the summer even when they went to Fenwick....and I don't want to get into all the details as to what happened with the Little Huskies and how a lot of those kids ended up in the Fenwick Jr Falcons back then. The fact is that the parents divorced and the mother moved from Chicago to Oak Park. Make no mistake, they are products of OPRF.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 01-17-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
More to it than that. Both Nick and Chris started with the Little Huskies and continued to wrestle there in the summer even when they went to Fenwick....and I don't want to get into all the details as to what happened with the Little Huskies and how a lot of those kids ended up in the Fenwick Jr Falcons back then. The fact is that the parents divorced and the mother moved from Chicago to Oak Park. Make no mistake, they are products of OPRF.
With you there is always “more to it”. Always. You are a complete joke and a fake journalist. Shamelessly apologizing for all the OPRF sins.

You only report the Wrestling news as you see fit (fake journalist) with a 100% slanted bias. Your new name is CNN. AKA #fakenews. #completeloser
Old 01-17-2018
Double stud

Wow that was a bit out of the blue!
Old 01-17-2018
Junior Varsity

This is hysterical. #crickets
Old 01-17-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Wow that was a bit out of the blue!
Was it really?
Old 01-18-2018
Throwitforfive

Redo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltaz View Post
I would have to agree that when we won it in 2010 that was the last time a homegrown team won it. Our kids club Indians elite only accepts wrestlers from within our High school district. At times this has hurt our club room for practice partners for elite level kids. For those kids some went to other clubs to seek better partners some chose supplemental training such as overtime, king select etc in order to get pushed harder. Most of those kids that chose other clubs for the partners have returned to Minooka for High school.. I also agree that there wasnt a bunch of superstars on that 2010 team but rather a group of solid very tough kids that were committed to the coaches and hated to loose more than ANYTHING.. Best of Luck to all the teams in the final push and we hope to be in the mix for the big prize!
#homegrown
#indians
This is helpful! The OP was not to figure out who recruited kids to win state titles. That is a entirely different discussion that I don’t care about at this point. There is a local club that is available for the upper level kids that would want to go that route and would still wrestle IESA or IKWF through the school teams. BigSlim I get what you are saying and agree with you for offseason wrestling but this is directed mainly towards kids clubs or feeder programs during the season. What do the little huskies do and why? Is it still the same answer? If so then I appreciate you input. If not please explain. Oldpioneer I did not mean HS teams working out with one another. I also had this when I was in HS but the OP was directed more towards feeder clubs. What does you HS feeder team do and why? I just seems to me that the tough outside kids are pushing away the #homegrown kids who are going to make the difference later down the line. I get that some will say get tough or get out but that is BS in my opinion. Will creating depth in the room with good coaching will be more beneficial to the HS team than less numbers and slightly higher talent? Let’s try this again!
Old 01-18-2018
Junior Varsity

Why would the families of 5 State Champs, A runner-up, and an All-State move out of Oak Park if it is such a wonderful place to live?
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread