Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-21-2018
Varsity

Favorite Places To Eat ??? (IHSA STATE-CHAMPAIGN-URBANA)

I know this is discussed every year! So I figured I post a thread about it since were like a month out.
Old 01-21-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg_Cradle View Post
I know this is discussed every year! So I figured I post a thread about it since were like a month out.
For breakfast or lunch, Merry Anne's on the corner of Kirby and Neal. I f you are looking for no frills dining, this is your place. Reminds me of luncheonettes that I loved frequenting growing up in Brooklyn. For me dinner is always at the Courier Cafe in Urbana. Just go west on Green till it the end at Race. Left, just past Main St. on the Left. Recommend their soups, sandwiches, quesadillas. Alot of the college kids go there.
Old 01-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
For breakfast or lunch, Merry Anne's on the corner of Kirby and Neal. I f you are looking for no frills dining, this is your place. Reminds me of luncheonettes that I loved frequenting growing up in Brooklyn. For me dinner is always at the Courier Cafe in Urbana. Just go west on Green till it the end at Race. Left, just past Main St. on the Left. Recommend their soups, sandwiches, quesadillas. Alot of the college kids go there.
I saw this post and was also thinking Merry Anne's diner (nice call Mainefan!). It's been around for 30+ years. Classic breakfast diner food. I hit it every time I am in Champaign for the tournament
Old 01-21-2018
Olympian

Firehaus

A campus town bar with good burgers. Not crowded during the day. Converts to a bar at night. Of course Kans is legendary. No food, smells bad, dirty. Perfect example of college night life.
Old 01-21-2018
Avid Reader, Seldom Post

Black Dog Smoke & Ale House

320 N Chestnut St, Champaign (1.5 miles N of Assembly Hall/SFC)
OR
201 N Broadway Ave, Urbana (3 miles E of Assembly Hall/SFC

Opens at 11am, but you need to get in line early for a shot at some burnt ends!
Old 01-21-2018
Junior Varsity

Black Dog......
Old 01-21-2018

The Silver Bullet
Old 01-23-2018
Varsity

Send a message via AIM to NickyTheEar
Maize Mexican Grill is really good. It is one of my main spots to hit up when down there.

Also, if you want to just throw any and all health concerns out the window and have some artery clogging goodness. Fat Sandwich Company is a good place to try as well.

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-23-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
Courier cafe has excellent breakfast! Higher quality. I do like Merry Ann's tho too
Old 01-23-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTheEar View Post
Maize Mexican Grill is really good. It is one of my main spots to hit up when down there.

Also, if you want to just throw any and all health concerns out the window and have some artery clogging goodness. Fat Sandwich Company is a good place to try as well.
Maize is great!

DP Dough is another place I'd recommend for anyone not eating healthy. Calzone delivery until 2 am. Filled with just about anything you want
Sponsored Links