Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... nobody outworks Izzy when it comes to IL HS wrestling.

Powell used to, but now he's in a more support role.

Izzy takes good youth wrestlers and makes them elite HS wrestlers, pretty much through his sheer force of will.

He seems to want his guys to win more than anybody else at this point in time. I think in time MC and Rita will catch back up, but it doesn't seem like we're there quite yet.

Great performance Montini.
I agree completely. I will put my bias towards Montini aside. But as a coach Izzy is one of the best of all time regardless of the sport. What Montini has done the last couple weeks will not be matched. No team has dominated the Clash like they have no team has had 800 points in the Cheesehead, It might be lower when it comes to competition but it is incredible what they have achieved. He gets the best out of his wrestlers.

Last edited by maddog81; 01-06-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-06-2018
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,000
“Good” Youth Wrestlers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... nobody outworks Izzy when it comes to IL HS wrestling.

Powell used to, but now he's in a more support role.

Izzy takes good youth wrestlers and makes them elite HS wrestlers, pretty much through his sheer force of will.

He seems to want his guys to win more than anybody else at this point in time. I think in time MC and Rita will catch back up, but it doesn't seem like we're there quite yet.

Great performance Montini.
It is a lineup full of IKWF state champions and runners up.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
It is a lineup full of IKWF state champions and runners up.
You sure? How many are there? And ikwf champs dont mean **** when it comes to highschool
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-06-2018
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,000
At a quick glance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
You sure? How many are there?
10-11 plus Woods was a stud from out of state.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-06-2018
formersomeone formersomeone is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
You sure? How many are there? And ikwf champs dont mean **** when it comes to highschool
That is true, but Id rather start with a lineup full of IKWF champs and placers than kids who never wrestled before high school.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by formersomeone View Post
That is true, but Id rather start with a lineup full of IKWF champs and placers than kids who never wrestled before high school.
That is obvious. Come on dude!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
10-11 plus Woods was a stud from out of state.
Can you tell me the10-11?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-06-2018
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,000
Do you have a computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Can you tell me the10-11?
Search trackwrestling. It is right there for you.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-06-2018
maddog81 maddog81 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Search trackwrestling. It is right there for you.
You were sure there were 10-11 I thought you would inform me?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-06-2018
will-I-am's Avatar
will-I-am will-I-am is offline
hawkeye 4 life
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Search trackwrestling. It is right there for you.
Ragusin
Vasquez
Mayora
Melendez
Swier
Lewan
Christensen
Woods
Geraci*
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.