Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 07-04-2018

Cadet Worlds / Recruting

Congrats to Ramos on winning a gold medal at Cadet Worlds and Abe Assad finishing with a bronze medal. Anybody know where they will be attending college in 2019?
Old 07-04-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernil View Post
Congrats to Ramos on winning a gold medal at Cadet Worlds and Abe Assad finishing with a bronze medal. Anybody know where they will be attending college in 2019?
I hear Abe Assadís top three college choices are Iowa, Iowa State, and Michigan. I have no clue on Ramos but he will definitely get some serious looks now from the top programs. Congrats to both of them on their world medals and representing the state of Illinois.
Old 07-10-2018

I believe Abe will be attending West Point.
Old 07-10-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineWrestler View Post
I believe Abe will be attending West Point.
He de-committed from Army a few months back.
Old 07-11-2018
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
He de-committed from Army a few months back.
Of course he did.

I SO hate the "early commit" thing. I wish coaches (and athletes) would stop doing it already. Fact is, you have no idea where or what you will be as a wrestler or a human being until it is really time to decide. Life changes exponentially every year in high school. Ride the ride, and decide when it's time.
Old 08-06-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
Of course he did.

I SO hate the "early commit" thing. I wish coaches (and athletes) would stop doing it already. Fact is, you have no idea where or what you will be as a wrestler or a human being until it is really time to decide. Life changes exponentially every year in high school. Ride the ride, and decide when it's time.
He committed to Iowa. The disturbing thing to me is that he did not even have Illinois as a school he was considering, and supposedly academics was his main factor. So, that's Warner, Cassiopi and now Assad as super elite recruits from Illinois. Frustrating.
Old 08-07-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudaman4 View Post
He committed to Iowa. The disturbing thing to me is that he did not even have Illinois as a school he was considering, and supposedly academics was his main factor. So, that's Warner, Cassiopi and now Assad as super elite recruits from Illinois. Frustrating.
Illinois just got Zac Braunagle. They're probably going to be the same weight.
Old 08-07-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudaman4 View Post
'academics being his main factor' meaning he didnt want the better school? Did he feel U of I would be too challenging? otherwise, i dont know what this means. Illinois is pretty far ahead of Iowa academically.
Old 08-07-2018
Varsity

Yeah, He really seemed to change his tune. First academics was most important and now wrestling is most important. I don't have a problem with putting either first, but I am sure there are schools where he could be a national champ and get a worthwhile degree. Cornell, U of I, Michigan all seem to be better academic schools. However, you can't argue with a kids heart and if his heart says become a Hawk, then he is going to become a Hawk. I wish him good luck wherever he goes.
Old 08-07-2018
Crystal Lake

The service academies are not for everyone.
It is a different experience than going to college.
Sponsored Links