Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 02-28-2018

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I am Cameronís father and the outpouring of calls and messages has been greatly appreciated.

We feel very strongly that the young man from Marengo did not harm Cam intentionally. Cam is a tough kid and he choose to participate and compete in a tough sport. I believe wrestling is a great sport that instills lifelong lessons and builds character in our children. It teaches them how to win, how to lose and in Camís case how to bounce back after an unfortunate injury.

As severe as the injury was we understand that it could have been much, much worse and for that we are eternally grateful. Our familyís faith combined with the support of all of our JCA family and friends will get Cam through this speed bump in his journey of life.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2018
Olympian

thank you for sharing this picture and your thoughts...your words echo my sentiments of the situation. Its a good parent that tries to see through an unbiased set of eyes. Feel good story of the day for me.
Old 03-07-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55663 View Post
Absent a rule change, lifting someone makes you responsible for their safe return regardless of their actions. Case book 7.1.1 SITUATION B.
There is also a rule ( and I am not going to look it up) that says if a wrestler has a legal move and his opponent makes it illegal, it is stopped as potentially dangerous and the offensive wrestler is not penalized. It is used a lot of times in conjunction with an arm bar and the bottom guy wiggles and it comes parallel along the spine instead of perpendicular.

I would be tempted to use this interpretation in the case of a kid doing a granby in mid air after he has been lifted. Not sure if that is correct, but the logic applies. Offensive wrestler attempts a legal move and the actions of the defensive wrestler makes it illegal. Who do you penalize, if either wrestler. The problem with the lifting is that it happens to fast to stop it. I think a rule change is the safest and best way to handle the situation.
Old 03-07-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogi0912 View Post
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I am Cameronís father and the outpouring of calls and messages has been greatly appreciated.

We feel very strongly that the young man from Marengo did not harm Cam intentionally. Cam is a tough kid and he choose to participate and compete in a tough sport. I believe wrestling is a great sport that instills lifelong lessons and builds character in our children. It teaches them how to win, how to lose and in Camís case how to bounce back after an unfortunate injury.

As severe as the injury was we understand that it could have been much, much worse and for that we are eternally grateful. Our familyís faith combined with the support of all of our JCA family and friends will get Cam through this speed bump in his journey of life.
Glad to hear/see that you are doing well.
All of the best wishes for your recovery and continued health.
Old 03-08-2018
Junior Varsity

We're glad Cam is doing well and pray for his continued healing and successful life. Thank you for the follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogi0912 View Post

"We know that the effects of training are temporary. I cannot put fitness in the bank. If inactive, I will detrain faster than it took me to get in shape." -George Sheehan, M.D.
Sponsored Links