Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Exclamation IL wrestling Pre-Season events

These tournaments were created to be regional events that gives wrestlers K-12 an opportunity to get some real mat time against some regional competition and save families time and money. This is a great chance to get some matches in at the end of the Pre-Season or a chance to see how your pre-season training is going and how you measure up against your competition.

Or if you’re not in high school a chance to “knock” off the rust before USA Wrestling Winter Nationals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 2nd annual Illinois Folkstyle PreSeason Championships registration is now open. Last year this event was held at Naperville Central HS. The date of this event is Sunday November 4, 2018.

This event has been cancelled

The other event is the Milikin Open on the weekend of November 10, 2018.

More information is coming.

Both events are on track.

Remember support Illinois by attending these events. Monies from these tournaments go back into Illinois wrestling. The Folkstyle Pre-Season Championships support IL-USA Wrestling specifically the athletes that go to Fargo and all the National Team Duals.

The Milikin Open supports the wrestling program and athletes of Milikin University.

Last edited by In the Know; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:47 AM. Reason: Event cancelled 10-25-2018
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Millikin

The Millikin Open listed on track is a College tournament. There isn't any kids tourney on their website or track. Are you sure it's happening?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

I thought using the term "Championship" was against the IKWF rules during the season.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Il Coaches View Post
The Millikin Open listed on track is a College tournament. There isn't any kids tourney on their website or track. Are you sure it's happening?
The milikin event you have to register directly with club. Last year it was listed as college also on track so i assumed the same thing. Whoever is running that event, imo should put all ages on track so people are more aware of it. In the know said it best, kids should take advantage of these opportunities to guage where you are at, prepare for winter nationals, and see what you need to work on in a live match. In the know, in a previous post mentioned IL preseason events sanctioned by ikwf. Whoever is running milikin needs to address their event. I know region was cancelled which is a shame. Hopefully next year they have it. Always was good prep for my kids w/ tough competition. Strongly encourage kids to register for these events.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by No BS fan View Post
I thought using the term "Championship" was against the IKWF rules during the season.
It's Pre-Season
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

IKWF season starts November 1st.

I could care less if it's called championship or not, but it is listed in the bylaws and if it's not going to be followed then it should be removed from the bylaws.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

16.2.1. The IKWF season shall be defined as November 1st through the conclusion of the IKWF State Championships.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post
16.2.1. The IKWF season shall be defined as November 1st through the conclusion of the IKWF State Championships.
15.28. Any tournament/event that is labeled as a “championship” or intended to
be a championship for a specific age division(s) cannot be held prior to the completion of all IKWF regional tournaments. This is subject to the interpretation
of the IKWF Board of Directors

This or these events were presented to the board at the August meeting and approved by the board at the same meeting.

In addition the IKWF competitive season does not begin until Dec 1
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Its another tournament "opportunity" for the kids to get in some mat time. I fail to realize what is importance of the name of a tournament. People are getting carried away w/ old rules, new rules, and interpretation of them. Let the kids just wrestle and have fun. On another note, is there a date scheduled yet for JT & midwest classic? If you can respond in the know, its appreciated. Thank you.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on1 View Post
Its another tournament "opportunity" for the kids to get in some mat time. I fail to realize what is importance of the name of a tournament. People are getting carried away w/ old rules, new rules, and interpretation of them. Let the kids just wrestle and have fun. On another note, is there a date scheduled yet for JT & midwest classic? If you can respond in the know, its appreciated. Thank you.

Joe Tholl Elite will be Dec 16. @ Shepard HS
2 divisions simalir to Jon Davis
Elite division for all Rockford Sq in the past 2 years and for anyone who desires that level of competition.
Open division for all non SQs and for those that are almost at the Elite level.
Still same pre defined weight classes

Midwest is Sunday Jan 13 @ Andrew HS
That's all I know about Midwest because I am not involved with the event this year due to prior commitments on my part.

Last edited by In the Know; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:09 AM.
Sponsored Links