Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 02-20-2018
Varsity

You said it twice, so maybe you never dealt with a baby in a place like that. This 69-year old man and his 68-year old wife spent all of Thursday afternoon with a 14-month old baby in the regular seats. Our daughter had to work, so we ended up with her baby while we watched her brother's son (another grandchild) wrestle. It wasn't fun. Thankfully, we had help from other relatives nearby.

I mostly agree with your post, and I would agree that a person with a baby doesn't meet the handicapped criteria, but blaming the few people with babies for your problems is just silly.

[QUOTE=CCWAZ;539215 .... adults with babies,.... NOT for people who have babies....
Old 02-20-2018
Varsity

At least there weren't "companion animals" all over the place... And please don't take that as a negative comment towards them or those persons who genuinely need them... but they can be a nuisance.
Old 02-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfc46 View Post
The state farm center cannot ask what your disability is but can require you to PROVE your disability
Thank you! I will also email this info to the contact at the State Farm Center and IHSA.
Old 02-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch2ndgen View Post
You said it twice, so maybe you never dealt with a baby in a place like that. This 69-year old man and his 68-year old wife spent all of Thursday afternoon with a 14-month old baby in the regular seats. Our daughter had to work, so we ended up with her baby while we watched her brother's son (another grandchild) wrestle. It wasn't fun. Thankfully, we had help from other relatives nearby.

I mostly agree with your post, and I would agree that a person with a baby doesn't meet the handicapped criteria, but blaming the few people with babies for your problems is just silly.
I'm not blaming moms with babies for my "problems". It wasn't a problem. It was a comment about rude people who lack morals. Yes, I have been in your situation numerous times, and by the sound of it, a lot more than you. You just deal with it or don't have kids.

A little surprised by your comment since it was one of your fans in a wheelchair who didn't have a seat for his companion because they were all taken. You're 69, not a spring chicken anymore. Hopefully one day you don't find yourself in a wheelchair with no where to sit because some entitled teen or young adult wanted a better seat.
Old 02-22-2018
Varsity

Venues may ask if the tickets are being purchased for someone with a disability,the venue may investigate if it has reason to believe fraud has been committed,all the information and laws can be found under Ada revision of 2010,look under rules for selling tickets at public venue, contact your state representative,it's election season they are more than willing to help in a case like this
Old 02-22-2018
Olympian

The ushers I spoke to were actually saying the seats were open to anyone(not just the disabled). Id guess this is why anyone was buying them. I have been given the 3rd degree in the past when inquiring about a disabled seat by the ushers. I guess they were breaking the law. Maybe someone complained and that's why they have gone the other route. I did hear this very conversation that you have brought up many times this past week at the Hall...
Old 03-10-2018

Wow! Really? 126 pounder??? Just say it! VILLARREAL! Yes I’m Noah’s mom, not hiding behind a screen name! My mother who is Noah’s grandmother is handicapped! How dare you all and shame on you! My father and sister sat by her so that she was not alone! Also my family gave up a seat to an Orion grandmother. Get the facts before you run your mouth!!!!
Old 03-10-2018

We purchased these ahead of time and have proof of her disability! Just disgusted how you are speaking of my family. And disappointed as wrestling families how u are behaving.
Old 03-10-2018

Really, would you like me to post her medical records? Would that make you sorry cowards happy?
Old 03-13-2018
Varsity

The people I saw were 100% not handicapped
Sponsored Links