Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 05-17-2018

Perhaps...

but according to this site, they would move up since they made it to the final weekend.

https://www.ihsa.org/Schools/Enrollm...erWaivers.aspx

As seen, Chicago Hope lost the multiplier by qualifying in 2016-17 (although still small enough to be Single A).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the wording but it doesn't appear so.
Old 05-17-2018
Varsity

There is also a recommendation to change the success factor:

Recommendation: Individual programs at non-boundary schools will be adjusted up one class if the
program wins two trophies at the state finals over the two years of a Classification Cycle; programs
that do so will be adjusted up one class from the class in which they won the trophies during the next
Classification Cycle
Old 05-17-2018

Success

I believe the Success Factor and the Multiplier Waiver are different scenarios. I should have stated my original post differently regarding the Multiplier Waiver no longer being granted rather than using the term success. For example, Montini had 660 students last year (Single A), were multiplied up to 1098.9 students (2A) because they were not granted the waiver and placed up a level (3A) due to the success factor. In this case, Marian would be 2A since their multiplier would not be waived. Unless the multiplier waiver rule is changed or eliminated, I still believe Marian will be 2A next year. Again, I recognize I may be misinterpreting the rules as written but we shall see.

Last edited by whizzer away; 05-17-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-17-2018
Varsity

it always seemed strange that private school are referred to as "non-boundaried" schools when theres a 30 mile boundary on attending them.
Old 05-17-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinionated View Post
it always seemed strange that private school are referred to as "non-boundaried" schools when theres a 30 mile boundary on attending them.
The 30 Miles encompasses in some instances dozens of public schools in Chicago. Thus they are non boundaried but do have a max mileage of reaching out to athletes.
Old 05-18-2018
Varsity

yeah well itís not like that for us not in Chicago or burbs. so no boundaries but still a 30 mile boundary. lol
Old 05-20-2018
Olympian

The name of this post has brought up IM typical topics where 80-90% of the issues center around the few elite teams and few elite, top state contenders. Probably because you have to be pretty hard core etc to even know about this site. The name of this topic would seem to address the average and lower end wrestlers that fill out teams - your huddled masses that are the bigger numbers. You don't need to worry about the elites, its already in their blood. You bring in more numbers, you will end up with better competition at all levels and classes. A recent 3A kid that had never wrestled coming into HS and did fairly average fresh. year. Went on to win a State Champ & wrestled Div. 1, which prompted parent to put brother in IKWF and did even better. Not typical, but not unique - but the key is the start. (same team, I saw another kid in same situation even better than that kid, won like first 7 matches by pin - then got pinned & quit / switched to volleyball - you never know.)
I don't think there is much that can be done - its market forces, but one thing wrestling is bad at compared to other sports is setting up tourneys with similar talent. More rookie and similar tourneys in IKWF where the coaches and parents don't bring the non-rookies anyway would be a start...One thing I wonder is the ave college career? what happens when part of the reason is $/scholarship - I have no idea...