Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-14-2018
eebs eebs is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
The people I saw were 100% not handicapped
How many more times does Cam Johnson need to make your best wrestler cry before you coal city fans will finally stop throwing shade at ACS.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-14-2018
I8Pride's Avatar
I8Pride I8Pride is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Coal City
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebs View Post
How many more times does Cam Johnson need to make your best wrestler cry before you coal city fans will finally stop throwing shade at ACS.
All I said was the handful of people I saw were definitely not handicapped. But you are a keyboard tough guy attacking a high school kid
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-15-2018
CCWAZ CCWAZ is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Morris, IL
Posts: 12
Be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebs View Post
How many more times does Cam Johnson need to make your best wrestler cry before you coal city fans will finally stop throwing shade at ACS.
This post had NOTHING to do with ACS beating us. So please stop with the immature comments about our top wrestler. He is a great kid and one of the most passionate, tenacious and competitive wrestlers I have ever had the pleasure to watch at the high school level. Any coach who has the opportunity to coach him knows his work ethic inside and outside the room exceeds most.

The better school won which was ACS. Our coaches and wrestlers knew your school was good and knew we had to wrestle very well to beat you. Your kids work with some of the top coaches in the state, so youíd better be good. Given your coach's credentials, your endless boundaries and your multiple videos of our kids, I think our top kids did very well against your top kids. Our top wrestlers made your top guys work for those wins, so have respect and good sportsmanship. Donít act like the wins were easy, because the scores surely didnít show that. I didn't see any pins in those matches or even a major or TF. You won by one move.

We are proud that our wrestlers and our coaches were even able to compete with you given the adversity we faced at the beginning of the year with some of our top guys being out with serious and career ending injuries. We didn't even think we would make it to state this year, let alone take third. Don't taint your win with poor sportsmanship. Congrats to your team on their state title! They earned it and it was deserved.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-15-2018
eebs eebs is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWAZ View Post
This post had NOTHING to do with ACS beating us. So please stop with the immature comments about our top wrestler. He is a great kid and one of the most passionate, tenacious and competitive wrestlers I have ever had the pleasure to watch at the high school level. Any coach who has the opportunity to coach him knows his work ethic inside and outside the room exceeds most.

The better school won which was ACS. Our coaches and wrestlers knew your school was good and knew we had to wrestle very well to beat you. Your kids work with some of the top coaches in the state, so youíd better be good. Given your coach's credentials, your endless boundaries and your multiple videos of our kids, I think our top kids did very well against your top kids. Our top wrestlers made your top guys work for those wins, so have respect and good sportsmanship. Donít act like the wins were easy, because the scores surely didnít show that. I didn't see any pins in those matches or even a major or TF. You won by one move.

We are proud that our wrestlers and our coaches were even able to compete with you given the adversity we faced at the beginning of the year with some of our top guys being out with serious and career ending injuries. We didn't even think we would make it to state this year, let alone take third. Don't taint your win with poor sportsmanship. Congrats to your team on their state title! They earned it and it was deserved.
Friddle is a great kid and wrestler I'm sorry he had to be on the end of my low blow. Good luck to him and coal city in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-15-2018
GOAT GOAT is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWAZ View Post
I don't post on these forums and will apologize in advance for the length of this post, but feel this needs to be said to all 1A teams. I am extremely disappointed and saddened by the State Farm Center and IHSA for not having enough accessible seating at this year’s event and allowing those without disabilities to purchase accessible seating. In year’s past, people with disabilities and those who cannot maneuver the steep stairs due to medical issues would be able to purchase accessible seating on the 100 level and it was strictly enforced. This was always open seating and there was always plenty of seats in this area for people with disabilities. This year they sold those seats to whomever wanted to purchase them to watch the event and take pictures. Perfectly healthy adults, young adults and teens who clearly didn’t have wheelchairs or disabilities sat in those seats. When I talked to staff at the event, I was told that people purchased those seats to take pictures. They do it at Illini games now too!

Anyone who has been coming to this event for the last few years knows there are a few 1A fans who are in wheelchairs. Also there are various grandparents on our team or other teams who can’t maneuver the stairs due to health problems. The accessible seating in the 1A area only had one seat available on Thursday and we had to seat our mobility challenged fans around the stadium or in the upper sections. I purchased the last seat in 115 for my mother and was not able to get another seat for Saturday for my father because they were sold out. I had to purchase a ticket for him in section 135 which has no railings.

On Saturday, a young man in a wheelchair had a seat in the accessible section next to my mother, but his friend who assists him had another seat in the arena because the seats were sold out. There was no companion seating available for his friend per ADA guidelines. The staff would not let them sit together, so my mother gave up her seat to him so he could have his friend nearby to help him. She didn’t have a seat, so she stood in the corner of section 115 for the entire day Saturday from late morning until she left around 8pm!A 70 year old women stood the entire day while perfectly healthy teens and young adults with babies, jumping up and down cheering on their wrestlers, sat in accessible seating.Because she gave up her seat, the staff thankfully allowed her to stand in that section. Not one person who was physically capable, or even the young adults or men (and I use that term loosely), offered their seat to her or this man in the wheelchair.Our team offered up seating to her, but we were down the steep stairs and she was nervous maneuvering them.

According to the State Farm Center, these people purchased these seats and requested the accessible seating.They are not allowed to ask what their disability is and have to rely on their honesty. HONESTY! The 1A people sitting in those sections knew that was accessible seating and took those seats away from people who needed them. I know two of the teams who were sitting in the accessible seating in sections 115, 116 and 117 and I know the majority of their fans are not disabled or mobility challenged. When we dualed the one team, their fans were all in the bleachers at their school. At the Olympia sectionals, the other team was sitting next to us in the bleachers, their young adults getting up and down numerous times. It sickened me that these “disabled” fans could make it up and down the bleachers for multiple days at sectionals or duals, but had to take accessible seating away from those who needed it at State. This is very disappointing that this happened on a college campus and at a state sponsored school event that is supposed to be ADA Title III compliant. Since it seems like so many 1A fan are not aware, let me educate you! Those nice cushy folding seats on the first level around the stadium bowl are for people in wheelchairs or mobility chairs and their companions, or for those with cardiac, severe breathing or severe arthritis problems who cannot maneuver the stairs, NOT for people who can’t get a seat by their team because they didn't order their tickets in time, have babies or there is nothing wrong with them. Something needs to change in the future because I would venture to guess that almost all accessible seating in 1A was taken by someone who wasn’t disabled. I have already contacted management at the State Farm Center and will be emailing IHSA officials, if necessary, so hopefully this doesn’t happen again!
Why would you let your 70yr old mother stand all day? You expect others to offer her their seat but you didnt give up yours? Smh
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-15-2018
CCWAZ CCWAZ is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Morris, IL
Posts: 12
Learn to Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
Why would you let your 70yr old mother stand all day? You expect others to offer her their seat but you didnt give up yours? Smh
Donít SMH at me, youíre the one who looks like an idiot! You obviously canít read and have problems comprehending. Read the part where I said our team offered her seats by us across the stadium, but SHE DIDNíT WANT THEM BECAUSE SHE COULDNíT MANEUVER THE STAIRS!! The whole reason for my post. She didnít feel she could make it up and down the steep stairs and was afraid of falling. I even offered to help her but she said she would just stand. You donít think she would have preferred sitting with our team rather than sitting by herself the whole weekend?? She was across the gym from us because that was the last handicapped seat even near our team. Thankfully the staff didnít force her to take a seat because she gave up her seat. Maybe the teens and young adults there should have the same respect for others!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.