Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

...and Sometimes in the Coaches meeting, Coaches need to give some input on the brackets, as its not always the best seeding. They usually accomodate.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

That 195 bracket is looking to be good with Hoselton, Coggins and Heikes (PORTA)...Who else should be at that weight?
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling observer View Post
That 195 bracket is looking to be good with Hoselton, Coggins and Heikes (PORTA)...Who else should be at that weight?
Nevin from Coal City. Not sure what happen to Paino from Bowen. Finished 6th last year at 195. He is a Senior this year. Hasn't wrestled all season though
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I8Pride View Post
Nevin from Coal City. Not sure what happen to Paino from Bowen. Finished 6th last year at 195. He is a Senior this year. Hasn't wrestled all season though
I mean at the Reed Custer tournament. Coal City isn't there , are they? I know PORTA duals Coal City the night before the tournament.
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Varsity

Finally, as a uncle I can’t wait for this tournament!
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok thinking back, When PC Faced Central in the duels didn't PC forfeit at 220 against Coggins ??? They could of bumped PC young man up to face him then couldn't they have??? It's been a month & I'm not sure but I was hoping for that match up that night.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHunter View Post
Ok thinking back, When PC Faced Central in the duels didn't PC forfeit at 220 against Coggins ??? They could of bumped PC young man up to face him then couldn't they have??? It's been a month & I'm not sure but I was hoping for that match up that night.
In one of your posts it says you are for Clifton Central, so lets be honest. And several posts about Coggins....

You are trying to say Hoselton ducked Coggins, really? PC had to report to the mat 1st at 195. We were also KILLING Clifton, you do recall the dual score? Hoselton walked out to the center at 195, at that point Love walked out. (that didnt go to well)

I have a idea, why doesn't Clifton want to reschedule the dual at PC? If your going to tell a story, make it sort of credible MadHunter.

Drake Jennings from Stillman Valley is also in this bracket, ranked 4th in one poll and I believe 5th in the other. A very talented kid.

4 very tough kids all in the top 10. Will be a fun one.

Last edited by pcc club coach; 1 Week Ago at 04:17 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

I wasn't at the Duels & I didn't know the line ups. I know Central had a guy miss weight & they juggled there lineup back and forth to try and make the best fit the way I understood it. I never said anybody ducked anybody, I was asking if they could of bumped him up is what I was asking. I don't have a kid on the Central team I'm just a wrestling fan and enjoy a good match up like anybody else. I was excited to hear how the match went. I haven't saw your son wrestle and heard he is talented. Call Central and ask them why they are not rescheduling the meet. Don't know why your losing your cool I just asked a few questions. These boys will see each other 3 more times in the next few weeks. It will all sort out in the end, always does.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHunter View Post
I wasn't at the Duels & I didn't know the line ups. I know Central had a guy miss weight & they juggled there lineup back and forth to try and make the best fit the way I understood it. I never said anybody ducked anybody, I was asking if they could of bumped him up is what I was asking. I don't have a kid on the Central team I'm just a wrestling fan and enjoy a good match up like anybody else. I was excited to hear how the match went. I haven't saw your son wrestle and heard he is talented. Call Central and ask them why they are not rescheduling the meet. Don't know why your losing your cool I just asked a few questions. These boys will see each other 3 more times in the next few weeks. It will all sort out in the end, always does.
I never lost my cool at all. Agreed they will wrestle a few times. But you did say we could have wrestled him and didnít. We presented ourself for the match.

Good luck
Old 1 Week Ago

Well presentation is half the battle right??? Haha!! I'm excited to see a great regional for sure. So much talent at the regional and going to be some sad endings & great squads not advancing. Good luck
Sponsored Links