Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 04-18-2017
Junior Varsity

Its just a money grab. $700 a team, $1002 hotel, ? Gas, ? Food, ? Uniforms, ? Lost wages. For sevral states, to get bullied by two teams. Save the $. Parents and coaches have to stop living through their kids, let them enjoy life. Not because there father is proud of them for winning like a man or losing like one. Even worse, stop making a $ off of the kids.
Old 04-18-2017
Varsity

Duals like heartland are a lot of fun. My son has wrestled at many of them and loves it. He has made friends from all over the state. And has great memories from being on these teams. We agree to send him because he enjoys doing it. And will have great memories he can carry with him for the rest of his life!

If you feel it's a money grab, then so be it. You are entitled to your opinion. Their are plenty of gifted wrestlers in Illinois that will gladly fill the spot.
Old 04-18-2017
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemont Fan View Post
Our guys kicked ***... Proud of all these Illinois wrestlers...
Our guys kicked ***... Proud of all these Illinois Wrestlers...
#AboutTheKids #NotYourEgos
Old 04-19-2017

IKWF Gold

Here are the facts. The Minnesota Storm Middle School Team dominated every team at the Heartland Duals their average score 82-4 with a total of total of 8 matches lost in 7 duals before the championship match against the IKWF Gold. The IKWF Gold beat them in 9 matches. The match when the IKWF kid was hurt was because the Minnesota kid clearly committed an illegal move that was properly called by the ref twice.
Anytime two teams that are competitive have a dual there are critical close matches. There also was a pin by an IKWF kid that was not called. But I am sure both sides can argue how matches could have gone different ways. Bottom line IKWF Gold won 38-36 and beat a great Minnesota team for the championship.
The IKWF Gold team was totally different than the team that went to the Heartland Duals. If fact there were nine different kids on the Heartland Dual Team that were not on the team at Danville.
Old 04-20-2017
Junior Varsity

There are multiple teams that go to these duals knowing the only dual they may win is in the consolation bracket against another bad team. There are benifits, if you spend well.. nice hotel, swimming pool, time with mom and dad. Fun with friends from around the state. You can brag about the day you got beat up by a bunch of studs. The Bad. You waste time and money. After pool play you go to the hotel freshly beat up. You get beat up in front of mom and dad. You also have to hear your team and coaches say "hey keep your head up, you did fine" after you just got beat up. For the good kids and teams Its just as bad to spend so much and travel so far to wrestle one good kid or one good team.
Old 04-20-2017
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlingfanfirst View Post
There are multiple teams that go to these duals knowing the only dual they may win is in the consolation bracket against another bad team. There are benifits, if you spend well.. nice hotel, swimming pool, time with mom and dad. Fun with friends from around the state. You can brag about the day you got beat up by a bunch of studs. The Bad. You waste time and money. After pool play you go to the hotel freshly beat up. You get beat up in front of mom and dad. You also have to hear your team and coaches say "hey keep your head up, you did fine" after you just got beat up. For the good kids and teams Its just as bad to spend so much and travel so far to wrestle one good kid or one good team.
Let it die please. Thanks. And as mentioned. I hope your son made a team for Va beach so we don't have to read your ramblings. 🙏
Old 04-20-2017
Junior Varsity

Some of these kids never face any real competition. All that can be accomplished is spending a fortune to prove your kid is better than less experienced wrestlers.
Old 04-20-2017

Quote:
Some of these kids never face any real competition. All that can be accomplished is spending a fortune to prove your kid is better than less experienced wrestlers.
Man i agree PCC i hope you got on that VA team. Are you that mad that no one ask you guys. Boy you must have really wanted to go. It will be aright like the cubs use to say maybe next year guy. This to shall pass
Old 04-21-2017
Junior Varsity

Dakota, Kansas, Idaho, North Carolina, Tennessee, omg stop feeding into this money grab. Stay home stop letting these tournament directors con you into using your states name value to market there tournament.
Old 04-21-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Dakota, Kansas, Idaho, North Carolina, Tennessee, omg stop feeding into this money grab. Stay home stop letting these tournament directors con you into using your states name value to market there tournament.
By your logic, there should be no weekly tournaments either as it is just to prove a point that your kid can beat inferior competition. Dude, I'm gonna put together a team an have your kid start whatever weight class you want just to shut you up. I'll keep it semi local so you don't have to drive too far and spend too much $. Maybe something in indiana if I can find it. My god give it a rest already and have your kid play rec soccer or something.
Sponsored Links