Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 02-07-2018
Owner/Webmaster

GO EARN IT Wrestling Apparel Class 1A State Rankings 2/7

Discuss the 2/7 GO EARN IT Wrestling Apparel Class 1A Individual and Team Rankings in this thread.

Send your rankings information and feedback to flashy@illinoismatmen.com

Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2018
Varsity

Hey Flashy, you usually do a great job, but don't you think you might have messed up a bit when a continuous first-ranked wrestler for the last two years gets bumped down because of ONE takedown in an overtime period at Regionals? You could have had two second placers, and no first place for this week. How are you going to handle it next week?
Old 02-11-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch2ndgen View Post
Hey Flashy, you usually do a great job, but don't you think you might have messed up a bit when a continuous first-ranked wrestler for the last two years gets bumped down because of ONE takedown in an overtime period at Regionals? You could have had two second placers, and no first place for this week. How are you going to handle it next week?
How about you all help Hild focus on winning a title instead of ending up as Illinois 1st 4 time 2nd place finisher. Rankings don't mean a damn thing and maybe if the focus was on grooming and preparation instead of forum chat this would be different in the past as well.
Old 02-11-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentkiller160 View Post
How about you all help Hild focus on winning a title instead of ending up as Illinois 1st 4 time 2nd place finisher. Rankings don't mean a damn thing and maybe if the focus was on grooming and preparation instead of forum chat this would be different in the past as well.
I can assure you that Hild doesn’t care about the rankings and is probably only worried about trying to capture the thus far elusive state title. Excited to see the rubber match on the big stage. Both are great competitors and will be highly successful next weekend.
Old 02-11-2018
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentkiller160 View Post
I'd be curious to know how many kids have been runner up 3x. Anyone out there got that information stored somewhere?
Old 02-11-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinganalyst View Post
I can assure you that Hild doesn’t care about the rankings and is probably only worried about trying to capture the thus far elusive state title. Excited to see the rubber match on the big stage. Both are great competitors and will be highly successful next weekend.
I hope so!!
Old 02-11-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by McL0v1n013 View Post
I'd be curious to know how many kids have been runner up 3x. Anyone out there got that information stored somewhere?
Brian Murphy from Glenbard North went 3, 2, 2, 2 a few years back.

He went on to have a very successful career wrestling for Michigan. And I believe all 3 of his finals losses were to kids who went D1 also, Max Schneider, Luke Smith, and Kyle Langenderfer.
Old 02-11-2018
Varsity

Interesting comment. Hild is pretty well prepared in his own mind to win the title. Nothing said on this forum will influence that. Lately, a lot of commenters seem to believe that this forum is for the wrestlers. It really isn't. It is for us fans and relatives to discuss what is happening in 1A wrestling. Forum "chat" is what it really is about. The rankings might not mean a damned thing, but it is the first thing many of us look at first. Would you know who Hild or Haley or Wasliewski were if not for this forum and the rankings? I tune in to this forum for just that type of information, and to comment if I feel like it.

Originally Posted by silentkiller160
Old 02-11-2018
Varsity

I had kind of wondered the same thing myself. Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bottleservice View Post
Brian Murphy from Glenbard North went 3, 2, 2, 2 a few years back.

He went on to have a very successful career wrestling for Michigan. And I believe all 3 of his finals losses were to kids who went D1 also, Max Schneider, Luke Smith, and Kyle Langenderfer.
Sponsored Links