Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > Shannon's Blog

Old 11-26-2008
Wrestling Media

There's more pep in the step

Though I was nearly 1 1/2 hours late (thanks daytime job!), I had a great time at the East Moline triple duals Tuesday night. Still think they should be on Wednesday. Will be adding some thoughts on the six teams in competition, perhaps later tonight or definitely tomorrow. Thanks to the UT staff for having me and for all my old and new friends I saw tonight. It really is a community, one that other winter sports simply doesn't have.

Sycamore has a nice, balanced team. No superstars but few weak weights. It's a team to be reckoned with come team duals time. Moline and United Township are not teams to contend for a team duals berth in AAA, but there are some individuals that should be state qualifiers. Morton and Rock Island are not solid teams yet, but both have very good individuals. Kaneland lost a lot from last year's team, and we'll have to see if there's a state qualifier there.

Two diamonds in the rough that I saw, outside of kids in my coverage area, were:

Steven Lalowski, Sycamore -- He's got the bloodline and a good frame. Brother Derick (I'm guessing brother) was a beastie in our northwestern-y part of the state, and already at 140 pounds, Steven's got a lot of room to grow, too. Tough youngster.

Eric Meyer, Morton -- Well-known in western and central Illinois, Meyer looked very good for the Potters. Is someone who'll be worth watching as a potential qualifier in February.

Looking forward to a brief look at Geneseo's quadrangular on Saturday.

I'm in need of some results from QC teams. If you haven't seen your team's event in the paper or at least here, let me know via PM. I know I don't have anything from West Carroll's double dual on Wednesday, but I haven't looked at the updated results page.

I also have joined the 21st century, in the recent past, and have Facebook and MySpace web sites. If anyone's interested, you can search by name on Facebook or you can go to myspace.com/illinoisqcpreps. Don't worry about the soccer stuff everywhere on the MySpace page, if you're not a fan. My team's almost in the crapper already and it's not even December, and I've got other things to think about, obviously.

Last edited by Timesfreelanceguy; 11-28-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: more time to write
Sponsored Links