Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > Shannon's Blog

Old 11-15-2009
Wrestling Media

Preview time!

I'm not going to shamelessly plug for my newspaper's Illinois wrestling previews (at your newsstands and online Friday). But getting ready to get those previews knocked out has me pretty fired up. I was at Moline's and Alleman's practices this week, and the work those kids were doing, and the intensity I could feel in those rooms, made me want to get out there, even if I can only do a thousandth of what those kids can do.

Hard to believe that the competitive season is only nine days away for me (maybe only eight if you have a Monday dual on the docket). Got much to do. I'm getting some previews emailed back to me, though not as many as I'd like (are you listening, Geneseo...Orion...Mercer County ... Erie/Prophetstown ... Morrison ... Fulton...I kid, but only because I care) and I have some phone calls/visits to make, which I'm going to have to have wrapped up by Wednesday. Still looking for contact info for West Carroll and Rock Falls, too. I'd like to include them in my preview (I have two papers that cover West Carroll).

Just nine days to Triple Duals at UT and hopefully this year I'll make a stronger effort to get local duals reported here. Anything on that front that you guys want to know, I'll try to make it known.
Old 11-19-2009
Wrestling Media

Almost done with the last Illinois piece. Go to www.qcvarsity.com on Friday to find five different elements. And, each week, I'm expecting to write an online preview that should, hopefully, find its way in print often.

Plus my rankings which will begin running in the second week of December after the kids across the lil pond we call the Mississipp' get rolling.

Damn, I wish this season went deep into March. I don't know how the kids would feel about that, but it's just too short for me.
Sponsored Links