Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique View Post
I was sitting three feet away!
So was the pain as agonizing as it appeared?
Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Since we are on the Vikings still I and all these names brought I m gna rearrange my top 5 vikes all time list that I posted somewhere before

1-mark bybee
2-mike Eierman
3-kieth Healy
4-joe cascone
5- urwin
Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstick View Post
Since we are on the Vikings still I and all these names brought I m gna rearrange my top 5 vikes all time list that I posted somewhere before

1-mark bybee
2-mike Eierman
3-kieth Healy
4-joe cascone
5- urwin
No Bracken!
Old 6 Days Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low dribble View Post
I agree that was a great bracket too. That was back when the state format was the best. 4 mats of AA 2 mats of A meant you had a better chance of watching the matches you wanted. Now with each class having it's own session, and 6 mats it's too much.

Saturday morning semi's, were then followed by wrestlebacks. Then everyone came back for the final session, and they did all the place matches first, tore down the mats, and set up for the grand march. That's when all the energy would build up for the grand march. IHSA changed it all, and then put in the jumbotron to try and subdue the crowd. Guess the didn't like the glow sticks or something.

Agree 100%. You didn't mention one major detail.....that was back when the State Tournament was over 3 days with Dual Team State and Individual state all in the same venue. It made for a long 3 days, but for a wrestling fanatic, it was the best. Marist and Providence were the top 2 teams that year. Lake Park was amazing, as well, with Geraci, Janis, etc. Glenbard North was there with Palazzo (Lake Highland Preps head coach) in the lineup. I believe Naperville North with the older Renella in the lineup was there. Maybe Pekin.....from the south, it might have been East St. Louis....can't remember. But, that Marist team (Dergo, Neybert, both O'Briens, LaMonica, Salvino, etc.) was amazing and Providence (Meagher, Bormet, Richardson, etc.) was on the rise, but not quite there. Fun times.
Old 6 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff On Top View Post
No Bracken!
If we were talking Greco absolutely yes or just over one year I would say yes his senior year he was dominate and took 3rd...don't quote me here but I'm pretty sure he only placed as a senior or if he even qualified in first three years..
I would probably put czakowski ahead of him anyway in folk
Old 3 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse View Post
Also cool to see arguably the best current official in Illinois in this bracket, Shane Morgan!
Nearly all of the 1986 105lb medalists are currently in the IL HOF, including Morgan (as an official). Great official & he could really scrap on the mat too!
Old 1 Day Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstick View Post
Papa bear is a link that would have a archived bracet from the early 1990-1991 sectionals at andrew ...i was 7th or 8th grade and to this have never a more exciting day of wrestling one weight had 4 guys who legit could a been state champs and in those days only 3 got out abd qualified for state

If ya can direct site where I may be to locate itbso i can be accurate and not by memory
Thanx
Are you referring to the 140lb bracket ?
Sponsored Links