Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 01-31-2018
Olympian

How bad is the Blagojevich wiretap call with Pritzker?

How is the Blagojevich wiretap call with Pritzker bad? Kind of seems a little bad because Pritzker doesn't straighten Blagojevich out right there and then but obviously not illegal either. He even seems slightly receptive. Everyone knows Pritzker is a billionaire and one of the richest people in the state and that was the only he got the conversation right? I don't care, no dog in this fight, any opinions?
Old 01-31-2018
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
I don't care about the conversation...my concern is getting another Democratic Party Machine lackey as Governor. Rauner was fine until he folded on the immigration issues and tax payer funded abortions. After what I saw in the Tribune Panel debate, Ives ripped Rauner apart. She has my support now.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 02-01-2018
Olympian

I think it may be a political problem for him, but this is Illinois so who knows. It's just business/corruption as usual.

I think those tapes give Rauner or the Republican nominee at least a fighting chance in the next election...no predictions...it just depends on who the dead people vote for.

He certainly doesn't have any legal jeopardy or he would already be charged. The tapes clearly show that he was a trusted confidant/donor to a corrupt politician.
Old 02-01-2018
Olympian

The tapes barely worked against Blagojevich because they stopped before he dragged you know who into it, or just too early in general prior to him really selling the seat. He was found not guilty / hung trial the first time. He could have bargained for 1 year after that but was too cocky. Pritzker being insanely rich is his main selling point - an odd qualification. It is kind of odd when people on pensions vote against the dems. I don't care who wins - I am just intrigued by what sticks on Pritzker - sounds like on here the attitude is they are all crooks so who cares, which seems to be a support for rich people running - less reasons to steal perhaps..
Old 02-02-2018
Olympian

When I listened to the tapes, I heard Blago talk about when he got out of politics he was interested in something...those are my words not his, but Blogo was negotiating on those tapes. Blogo had positions to fill. Pritzker was a rich guy that could give him a no show job when he retired from politics. Pritzker was just asking to be appointed...not offering any thing in return...Blogo was asking what he could get in return.

I don't care how rich he is...I care about his character and policies. That is why I don't like Trump...his character is questionable.
Old 02-04-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
When I listened to the tapes, I heard Blago talk about when he got out of politics he was interested in something...those are my words not his, but Blogo was negotiating on those tapes. Blogo had positions to fill. Pritzker was a rich guy that could give him a no show job when he retired from politics. Pritzker was just asking to be appointed...not offering any thing in return...Blogo was asking what he could get in return.

I don't care how rich he is...I care about his character and policies. That is why I don't like Trump...his character is questionable.
Government runs on quid pro quo which may or may not be legal depend on the details. Billionaires don't go to jail for it even when illegal.

http://www.wlsam.com/2017/09/07/chic...-for-a-museum/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/benne...b_1590284.html
Old 02-06-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Government runs on quid pro quo which may or may not be legal depend on the details. Billionaires don't go to jail for it even when illegal.

http://www.wlsam.com/2017/09/07/chic...-for-a-museum/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/benne...b_1590284.html
I'm not for sure where you want this thread to go.

I believe campaign contributions lead to corruption without too many exceptions. To donate to a politician, and then to ask for anything in return, would be unethical/corrupt...and illegal if the powers that be perceive it that way. What I mean by that is that there are so many contradicting laws that a prosecutor can literally indict anybody...all they need is the political support to do it.

To directly answer the original question in this thread...Pritzker is corrupt based on what he said on the tapes.

Being rich is not a crime...yet.
Old 02-06-2018
Varsity

I haven't listened to the tapes, or paid attention to this much. I'm also not a Blagojevich fan at all.

However I really don't think he did anything different than what every other political person does every day. You give me this, and I'll give you that.
Old 02-14-2018
Olympian

Unwatchable. Benefits of the richest people running - there are so many political commercials now regular TV is now un-watchable, off the regular tv until March 20th - which we really don't need anymore regardless. Best qualification now = super rich, can control the discussion.
Old 02-14-2018
Olympian

TV has been unwatchable for a couple of decades because of liberal political views and immorality shoved in your face. So I guess I quit watching TV for the same reason that you did. Politicians don't want you to pay attention to what they are doing...they want political discussions to be taboo so they can continue to keep doing as they wish...so if you tune out because of political adds you are simply doing what they want you to do. Being rich can not buy a vote...look at Jeb Bush, he spent about $100 million or so in a primary and couldn't tip the scale at all. If everybody feels the same as you then they will loose in a primary.
Sponsored Links