Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 01-09-2017
Olympian

ncaa football

Hey, Clemson is getting like 6 1/2 - 7. I think they will cover, if not win outright. No betting. I did bet a lunch with a friend. Your thoughts? If I did gamble, I would bet a dime on Clemson. Predictions? put them down before kick off!
Old 01-09-2017
Olympian

I just hope it's a good game.

Clemson has to take care of the ball. Bama is so good on D and special teams; I read somewhere earlier this week that the Tide would have a record of 6-8 if their offense hadn't scored a single point all year. That is a mind boggling stat.
Old 01-10-2017
Olympian

They likely would have scored no matter what they called, Bama was not used to being tired, but the play that won it was an illegal pick play of course - but u could blame it on the defenders location as well. They had been doing it prior, Bama did not adjust, and wasn't being called so why not. Bama could woulda done the same thing so can't complain - you have to know how the refs are calling the game... They generally don't call ticky tack penalties on the last play...unless IHSA playoffs of course...most of the country was pulling for Clemson so all is well.
Old 01-10-2017
Olympian

Saban screwed up; on the final play, the Tide should have tackled, mugged, held, etc. every Clemson of player ala the Ravens-Bengals game earlier this year. The clock would have wound down to 0:00. There would have been an untimed down but you force Clemson to decide if they want overtime with the almost sure 3 or face a do or die situation for the win.

In any event, a great game. I was glad to see the uncalled Alabama headshots early on ultimately played no part as they could have easily sent Watson and Willams out with concussions and changed the game completely; I've seen players tossed for far less than that over the past couple years. OTOH there would have been a certain karma to it had an ACC team been victimized by it given the lax/inconsistent way that conference's officals have enforced the rule.
Old 01-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
They likely would have scored no matter what they called, Bama was not used to being tired, but the play that won it was an illegal pick play of course - but u could blame it on the defenders location as well. They had been doing it prior, Bama did not adjust, and wasn't being called so why not. Bama could woulda done the same thing so can't complain - you have to know how the refs are calling the game... They generally don't call ticky tack penalties on the last play...unless IHSA playoffs of course...most of the country was pulling for Clemson so all is well.
If you watch the replay. The Alabama defender grabs the Clemson wide receiver and throws him to the ground. So if anything should have been called it should have been defensive holding.
Sponsored Links