Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-10-2017
Varsity

So many great IHSA brackets over the last 50 years in the IHSA. I can mention a bunch of brackets in seventies and eighties that were loaded with unbelievable wrestlers that went on to NCAA success. This said, I am surprised no one mentioned the bracket and state final match between Tony Davis and Reggie Wright. Davis became an NCAA D1 National Champ for Northern Iowa and Reggie Wright was a 3x All-American for Oklahoma State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fyF1uvf3Xg

Last edited by Bulldogwrestler; 01-10-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwrestler View Post
So many great IHSA brackets over the last 50 years in the IHSA. I can mention a bunch of brackets in seventies and eighties that were loaded with unbelievable wrestlers that went on to NCAA success. This said, I am surprised no one mentioned the bracket and state final match between Tony Davis and Reggie Wright. Davis became an NCAA D1 National Champ for Northern Iowa and Reggie Wright was a 3x All-American for Oklahoma State.

Man bulldog your on a roll that was a great match you can actually youtube that one as well as stevie vs herbert house ....this is a great thread we all have our favorites at the end of the day i tip my cap to all these guys
Old 01-10-2017
Obi-Wan Kenobi

I defer to you old dudes. I can't reach back that far but appreciate your wisdom and knowledge.
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

One of my favorites from back in the day. Didn't even realize Sean Bormet was in this bracket.

://
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low dribble View Post
One of my favorites from back in the day. Didn't even realize Sean Bormet was in this bracket.

Where did u find that dribble .....please help a wrestling junkie with limited computer skills out ......
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

The link below shoud work
http://ihsa.org/SportsActivities/Boy...dsHistory.aspx
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

Quote:

Also cool to see arguably the best current official in Illinois in this bracket, Shane Morgan!
Old 01-11-2017
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwrestler View Post

I can go back to the early seventies, just don't have the time to think that far back. Older years are always over-looked on this site. Yes, Tony Davis versus Reggie Wright is one of my top matches ever to watch at the IHSA.
Old 01-11-2017
Olympian

Quote:

The following year, 112 was one of my favorites. Ben Morris, Sam Geraci and Sean Bormet finishing 1, 2 and 3 respectively
Old 01-11-2017
Varsity

That is not what th bracket you posted shows.
Sponsored Links