Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Job Openings

Old 03-06-2018

Antioch High School Opening

I am just passing this on as I am not affiliated with the school or wrestling program in any way.

Antioch Community High School, Antioch
Steve Schoenfelder
847-838-7630
steven.schoenfelder@chsd117.org

Antioch Community High School will have at least one opening in its wrestling program next year. This could be a head or assistant position. Our current head coach is retiring from education, but would be willing to stay around in some capacity for two more years. This gives us a few options from hiring a head coach to hiring a younger coach and allowing him to take an underclass group through for a couple of years and then take over the program. We could end up with a second opening also. We know we will have at least one social studies opening. We should know in another week if that will be two. We will have a special education opening that we will interview for once our new special education director is hired, probably after spring break. We also have an English teacher that could possibly be moving out of state.

My principal is looking for me to find applicants so we know how we need to move forward. If you have someone who might be interested in Special Education or Social Studies, they can send me a resume and should apply on our district web site www.chsd117.org. If you know of an interested English candidate, please have them send me a resume.

We are in Class 2A. We have won regionals 6 out of the last nine years, advancing to the state dual meet 5 of those years. We have been fortunate to have had state medalists six years in a row now, with three straight years of having someone in the semi finals. Of our state qualifiers this year, 3 were sophomores (including both medalist) and one was a junior. Our varsity roster included 1 freshman, 8 sophomores and 1 junior. I believe we have quality facilities and uniforms. The local club has had consistent numbers for a number of years now and our largest middle school has had a program dating back to the 70s. We have hosted them in a dual meet before one of our duals for the last 5 years, which will have to end next year due to the new IHSA policy.
Old 03-06-2018
Top of the Food Chain!

As the club feeder to Antioch, we have consistently had 60-70 kids a year in the club. We are a motivated group preparing our club kids for success at the high school level. Each year we have produced kids ready to be inserted into the lineup and produce. These state placers have all been in the club (some have wrestled both club and middle school). A quality, motivated, young coach can come in and really enjoy this position. Plenty of high school parent and alumni support as well as the club support.
Old 04-17-2018
Top of the Food Chain!

Just a list of openings https://www.applitrack.com/d117/onli...High+School%22
Sponsored Links