Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 04-20-2018
Olympian

Dont forget Luke Luffman coming in after next year.
Another young stud identified and recruited early.

Luffman is #7 220 Intermat National rankings but will bump up to #3 after they drop the this years seniors from the rankings.

Lauden

Last edited by lauden swain; 04-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauden swain View Post
Dont forget Luke Luffman coming in after next year.
Another young stud identified and recruited early.

Luffman is #7 220 Intermat National rankings but will bump up to #3 after they drop the this years seniors from the rankings.

Lauden
You're right! Luffman is an absolute stud, too!

GO ILLINI!!!
Old 04-21-2018
Olympian

Chief, you better not be slacking here....I expect to see a "Getting Dane Durlacher" post. This one is kinda special as it begins what could be 3 in the next generation of Durlachers to wrestle for the Illini. There's a legacy if I ever saw one. What true Illini fan could ever forget his late, great, undersized, cocky, charismatic uncle committing to Illinois 26 years. No fanfare not because he was not a highly accomplished high school wrestler in both Folkstyle and International styles, but because not many thought he'd ever have the size to make it at the D1 level. He turned that into one of the more storied careers in not just Illini history but the history of all great wrestlers our state has every produced. Seeing him compete on the elevated mat at the UNI Dome in 1997 for the National title against Iowa's Jesse Whitmer after knocking off defending national champ Sheldon Thomas was one of the greatest Illini wrestling moments I ever witnessed. And now his nephew is following in the footsteps of Lindsay and his father, Dave. Can't see what you pull together for this latest commit, Chief.
Old 04-21-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
Chief, you better not be slacking here....I expect to see a "Getting Dane Durlacher" post. This one is kinda special as it begins what could be 3 in the next generation of Durlachers to wrestle for the Illini. There's a legacy if I ever saw one. What true Illini fan could ever forget his late, great, undersized, cocky, charismatic uncle committing to Illinois 26 years. No fanfare not because he was not a highly accomplished high school wrestler in both Folkstyle and International styles, but because not many thought he'd ever have the size to make it at the D1 level. He turned that into one of the more storied careers in not just Illini history but the history of all great wrestlers our state has every produced. Seeing him compete on the elevated mat at the UNI Dome in 1997 for the National title against Iowa's Jesse Whitmer after knocking off defending national champ Sheldon Thomas was one of the greatest Illini wrestling moments I ever witnessed. And now his nephew is following in the footsteps of Lindsay and his father, Dave. Can't see what you pull together for this latest commit, Chief.
Holy cow!

(And outstanding story to go along with it!).

GO ILLINI!!!
Old 04-23-2018
Double stud

Kanzler is a JUCO AA and national finalist. Will be interesting to see if Carr stays put or they bump him to 149. I doubt Kanzler would go there without an expectation to wrestle. I'm sure he had a lot of options.

My little son is heading to Champaign, so now I have to like the orange and blue (except vs the Cats and my Buckeyes!)
Old 04-23-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
My little son is heading to Champaign, so now I have to like the orange and blue (except vs the Cats and my Buckeyes!)
RT, thatís too many teams to cheer for, you need to eliminate those Buckeyes.
Old 04-23-2018
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm57 View Post
RT, thatís too many teams to cheer for, you need to eliminate those Buckeyes.
IKR!!! But I CAN'T.

That's where my wife and I met and started this whole mess lol.
Old 04-23-2018
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
My time in Champaign overlapped with Lindsay Durlacher. He just seemed so little, even compared to other 118s, but he was tough as they come. He was real easy to cheer for.
Old 04-25-2018
Olympian

Old 06-13-2018
Olympian

Sponsored Links