Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-20-2018
lauden swain lauden swain is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,735
Dont forget Luke Luffman coming in after next year.
Another young stud identified and recruited early.

Luffman is #7 220 Intermat National rankings but will bump up to #3 after they drop the this years seniors from the rankings.


Lauden
__________________
"It's not the six minutes, it's what happens in those six minutes"

Last edited by lauden swain; 04-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2018
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauden swain View Post
Dont forget Luke Luffman coming in after next year.
Another young stud identified and recruited early.

Luffman is #7 220 Intermat National rankings but will bump up to #3 after they drop the this years seniors from the rankings.


Lauden
You're right! Luffman is an absolute stud, too!

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-21-2018
Nelson*0.5's Avatar
Nelson*0.5 Nelson*0.5 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,733
Chief, you better not be slacking here....I expect to see a "Getting Dane Durlacher" post. This one is kinda special as it begins what could be 3 in the next generation of Durlachers to wrestle for the Illini. There's a legacy if I ever saw one. What true Illini fan could ever forget his late, great, undersized, cocky, charismatic uncle committing to Illinois 26 years. No fanfare not because he was not a highly accomplished high school wrestler in both Folkstyle and International styles, but because not many thought he'd ever have the size to make it at the D1 level. He turned that into one of the more storied careers in not just Illini history but the history of all great wrestlers our state has every produced. Seeing him compete on the elevated mat at the UNI Dome in 1997 for the National title against Iowa's Jesse Whitmer after knocking off defending national champ Sheldon Thomas was one of the greatest Illini wrestling moments I ever witnessed. And now his nephew is following in the footsteps of Lindsay and his father, Dave. Can't see what you pull together for this latest commit, Chief.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2018
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
Chief, you better not be slacking here....I expect to see a "Getting Dane Durlacher" post. This one is kinda special as it begins what could be 3 in the next generation of Durlachers to wrestle for the Illini. There's a legacy if I ever saw one. What true Illini fan could ever forget his late, great, undersized, cocky, charismatic uncle committing to Illinois 26 years. No fanfare not because he was not a highly accomplished high school wrestler in both Folkstyle and International styles, but because not many thought he'd ever have the size to make it at the D1 level. He turned that into one of the more storied careers in not just Illini history but the history of all great wrestlers our state has every produced. Seeing him compete on the elevated mat at the UNI Dome in 1997 for the National title against Iowa's Jesse Whitmer after knocking off defending national champ Sheldon Thomas was one of the greatest Illini wrestling moments I ever witnessed. And now his nephew is following in the footsteps of Lindsay and his father, Dave. Can't see what you pull together for this latest commit, Chief.
Holy cow!

(And outstanding story to go along with it!).

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-23-2018
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,612
Kanzler is a JUCO AA and national finalist. Will be interesting to see if Carr stays put or they bump him to 149. I doubt Kanzler would go there without an expectation to wrestle. I'm sure he had a lot of options.

My little son is heading to Champaign, so now I have to like the orange and blue (except vs the Cats and my Buckeyes!)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-23-2018
bwm57 bwm57 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
My little son is heading to Champaign, so now I have to like the orange and blue (except vs the Cats and my Buckeyes!)
RT, thatís too many teams to cheer for, you need to eliminate those Buckeyes.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-23-2018
Red Turban Red Turban is offline
Double stud
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,612
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm57 View Post
RT, thatís too many teams to cheer for, you need to eliminate those Buckeyes.
IKR!!! But I CAN'T.

That's where my wife and I met and started this whole mess lol.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-23-2018
IlliniinIowa IlliniinIowa is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
Chief, you better not be slacking here....I expect to see a "Getting Dane Durlacher" post. This one is kinda special as it begins what could be 3 in the next generation of Durlachers to wrestle for the Illini. There's a legacy if I ever saw one. What true Illini fan could ever forget his late, great, undersized, cocky, charismatic uncle committing to Illinois 26 years. No fanfare not because he was not a highly accomplished high school wrestler in both Folkstyle and International styles, but because not many thought he'd ever have the size to make it at the D1 level. He turned that into one of the more storied careers in not just Illini history but the history of all great wrestlers our state has every produced. Seeing him compete on the elevated mat at the UNI Dome in 1997 for the National title against Iowa's Jesse Whitmer after knocking off defending national champ Sheldon Thomas was one of the greatest Illini wrestling moments I ever witnessed. And now his nephew is following in the footsteps of Lindsay and his father, Dave. Can't see what you pull together for this latest commit, Chief.
My time in Champaign overlapped with Lindsay Durlacher. He just seemed so little, even compared to other 118s, but he was tough as they come. He was real easy to cheer for.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2018
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,021
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-13-2018
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,021
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.