Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 4 Days Ago
Varsity

DPRK News Service Ranks the Vision Quest Soundtrack

DPRK News Service. Pyongyang City. The Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea has much respect for American folkstyle wrestling and much interest in the Hollywood film industry. Our people see the scrappy thin-legged Louden Swain versus the giant brute named Shute as allegory of battle between rock-ribbed communism and pot-bellied capitalism.

But enough of that.

Here we rank the soundtrack from ten to one. If you disagree with our ranking that is okay but you are wrong! Your protests will be brought to the attention of Supreme Leader. Start with number ten:

10. Hotblooded, by Foreigner. This was put on soundtrack just to sell more records and make fat cats, fatter cats. Plus, Foreigner has bad American capitalist hair.

9. She's on the Zoom, by Don Henley. Henley broke free from slave contract with the Eagles to sell bland imperialist pop to people with no taste, in this case, Americans. She's on the Zoom is Example A of this.

8. I'll Fall in Love Again, by something calling itself Sammy Hagar. To be honest, nobody in Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea has heard this song, which gives it higher approval ranking than She's on the Zoom and Hotblooded.

7. Only the Young, by Journey. The female-voiced lead singer is perfect for American coming of age movie.

6. Gambler, by Madonna. Thick-legged pop star titillates young American boys like only thick-legged pop star can.

5. Hungry for Heaven, by Ronnie James Dio. This guy dances around in a leprechaun suit with more hair than a platoon of DPRK soldiers. Song is good though.

4. Shout to the Top, by The Style Council. Not sure where one can shout to the top unless you are in shouting contest, but this song kind of funky although maybe not as good as Pet Shop Boys. Less creepy than Dio.

3. Change, by John Waite. Why does every American pop singer imperialist from the 80s look like child molester? Song is good and it perfectly describes American capitalistic dream:

Quote:
We always wish for money
We always wish for fame
We think we have the answers
Some things ain't ever gonna change (change)
2. Crazy for You, by Madonna. Big hit for chubby-legged pop superstar and sex symbol. Every boy coming of age at that time was crazy for her.

1. Lunatic Fringe, by Red Rider. Perfect song for America. Perfect song for American wrestler.

Quote:
Lunatic fringe
We know you're out there
But in these new dark ages
There will still be light

An eye for an eye
Well, before you go under
Can you feel the resistance?
Can you feel the thunder?
Old 4 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Only the Young in the bottom half? That's Kim Wrong Un.
Old 3 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay31 View Post
Only the Young in the bottom half? That's Kim Wrong Un.
I just got a private message from DPRK News Service. It provides as follows:

Quote:
\Begin Communication/ Although the response from capitalist wrestler worker person jay31 may be funny in imperialist way, and as you Americans say, may tickle the bone of funny, the Supreme Leader was not amused. This person has been sentenced in abstentia to 199 years hard labor. \End Communication/
Old 3 Days Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Good stuff
Old 3 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Question

I read in the "breaking news" section on the DPRK News Service that A.C. Slater defeated Marvin Niedick in under 10 seconds after Niedick brushed away the pre-match handshake.
Old 2 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
Good stuff
I've been told that you will receive one extra portion of barley-rice mash each week compliments of the generosity of Supreme Leader.
Old 2 Days Ago
Varsity

Quote:
I read in the "breaking news" section on the DPRK News Service that A.C. Slater defeated Marvin Niedick in under 10 seconds after Niedick brushed away the pre-match handshake.
Haha! I never watched Saved by the Bell, but I know about it. I did just now go to YouTube and saw Slater throw a pretty nice supplay in one of the episodes.

That got me to thinking, wrestling pretty much only has Vision Quest--which I think is an absolutely fantastic movie (although I might not like it quite as much now as I did back then).

But I played football and baseball in high school as well, and I don't think they have anything as monumental as the Swain versus Schute epic. The soundtrack alone is unbelievable! I have not seen Friday Night Lights, for example, so maybe such a movie exists. Thoughts?

I'm talking specifically about sports movies involving kids in high school.
Old 2 Days Ago
Junior Varsity

Win Win (Paul Giamatti) was pretty good.
Legendary (John Cena and the kid who played young Dexter)
Born on the 4th of July, not a focus but had a couple wrestling scenes.

QUOTE=ChiefIllini1;544030]Haha! I never watched Saved by the Bell, but I know about it. I did just now go to YouTube and saw Slater throw a pretty nice supplay in one of the episodes.

That got me to thinking, wrestling pretty much only has Vision Quest--which I think is an absolutely fantastic movie (although I might not like it quite as much now as I did back then).

But I played football and baseball in high school as well, and I don't think they have anything as monumental as the Swain versus Schute epic. The soundtrack alone is unbelievable! I have not seen Friday Night Lights, for example, so maybe such a movie exists. Thoughts?

I'm talking specifically about sports movies involving kids in high school.[/QUOTE]
Old 1 Day Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Win Win (Paul Giamatti) was pretty good.
Legendary (John Cena and the kid who played young Dexter)
I've never heard of the first two, which doesn't mean they're not great movies. And I don't recall wrestling in Born on the 4th of July. Weird!

After watching clips of Vision Quest on youtube, I had to google the names of all my high school wrestling teammates. And a couple girlfriends. Weird!
Old 14 Hours Ago
Varsity

Quote:
With that criteria you might as well include Grease.
Sponsored Links