Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 03-01-2018
Varsity

Jason Nolf is a Crisis Actor and part of the Deep State

Stick with me here.

Last year, Carl Sanderson got a lot of media attention because of the injury to Nick Suriano. If you look up Twitter numbers, there were 943 mentions of "Nick Suriano" in the month of March last year. If you do a comparable search for "Zain Retherford," you find only 32 mentions, and 19 of those are tweets from his grandmother.

Are you still with me? So, it makes sense for Jason Nolf to fake an injury in the Rutgers dual, especially if the FBI is involved or not. I'm not saying the FBI is involved, but I'm also not saying it.

You see where I'm coming from?

Anyway, Andrew Long story Jake Short, what you have here, I believe, is a classic power-grab for fame. Because once you've got the fame, then you get the money, and, after you got the money, you get the womens.

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 03-01-2018 at 06:57 AM.
Old 03-01-2018
Varsity

I'm mostly kidding.

I do believe there is an issue that arises when a coach has to decide how much he is going to protect his wrestler and his team versus his responsibility to protect the sport.

What do you think?

There is reportedly dueling interviews out from Sanderson and Nolf in which Sanderson is positive that Nolf is ready, but Nolf is a little less sure. Kind of reminds me of last season.

Old 03-03-2018

Well Chief, you look prophetic now.

Suriano pulling another Suriano and Nolf pulling a Suriano. I’m predicting it right now that Nick Suriano defaults out of four straight BIG tournaments. I also predict that he never wins a National title which is not a stretch but he will have been capable of at least three titles. I’m sure these guys are hurt, but I don’t think either benefit from defaulting out.

Nolf is a freak and might gut out an NCAA tournament for a title but Nicky...no way
Old 03-05-2018
Junior Varsity

Kemerer and Suriano MFFing also cost Illinois. If Lizak loses to Suriano and ends up 5th instead of 2nd, we pass Minnesota. If Crone loses to Kemerer and ends up 6th instead of third, we pass Wisconsin and end up 6th instead of 8th. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes though.
Old 03-06-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxter118 View Post
Well Chief, you look prophetic now.

Suriano pulling another Suriano and Nolf pulling a Suriano. Iím predicting it right now that Nick Suriano defaults out of four straight BIG tournaments. I also predict that he never wins a National title which is not a stretch but he will have been capable of at least three titles. Iím sure these guys are hurt, but I donít think either benefit from defaulting out.

Nolf is a freak and might gut out an NCAA tournament for a title but Nicky...no way
Just an FYI, we all know Nolf is struggling with the knee so no surprise.

After talking to some Rutgers fans at the Big Ten, Nick's issue is not an injury. It's a medical issue that is no joke.
Old 03-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
Just an FYI, we all know Nolf is struggling with the knee so no surprise.

After talking to some Rutgers fans at the Big Ten, Nick's issue is not an injury. It's a medical issue that is no joke.
All joking aside, Iím sorry to hear that. That must be really hard for him and I do hope he recovers fully.
Old 03-06-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxter118 View Post
All joking aside, Iím sorry to hear that. That must be really hard for him and I do hope he recovers fully.
Time will tell, he did look sluggish.
Old 03-13-2018
Olympian

I thought this might be of interest but did not deserve its own header so I put it under this weird header post...it is a list of all the NCAA champs that have been in MMA

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...-in-MMA-133217