Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-12-2017
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Ahh, you did your homework. The detailed article in the Trib said that Mayor Jane Byrne made people go through hours of gun training before having one. I am a teacher MAL, and I am blessed to teach US history and such. We are free to move around the country. Gun shows, Indiana, there are plenty of ways to buy guns without having them attached to you. So, the sell them to the drug dealers and gangs, at probably 3xs the price, then they do it again. If there was simply a way to title them like cars, and have to report them stolen, then that would at least curtail the flow.

As far as the thing about drugs from opinonated, yep, legalize it and knock the cartels out of the picture, generate tons of tax dollars, and at least there would be some kind of control on it.

And my dear friend MAL, no matter what you think of our President, you are not buddies. But ALL of your posts are definitely to the right. If I had to bet, I know you punched Trump. It is ok, this America, vote as you wish!
A title might keep an "honest criminal?" from getting a gun...how many honest criminals do you know? Every new law comes with about a dozen new
ways to get around it. How they get the gun is not as important as what they do with it. This discussion should be about why they want to kill each other...If you can solve that problem it wouldn't matter if they had a tank

In no particular order here are a few ideas that would put a serious dent in gun crime. Open enrollment in schools, swift and severe punishment for offenders, more jobs, fear of god and more law abiding citizens with guns.

Probably the number one reason that most people don't kill is fear of god. Fear of punishment is a close second. This is a serious question...why do gang banger's want to kill and how do we break the cycle? Any ideas?

I don't like Trump on a personal level, but a Jack A$$ might just be what this country needs right now.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-13-2017
Truth is Out There's Avatar
Truth is Out There Truth is Out There is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,838
We have no better gun control measures than we currently do for the same reason we have abortion.

No law is going to stop either practice from continuing.

There will still be gun violence.

There will still be abortions.

No matter what the laws around each are changed to.

I find both abhorrent, as do most.

I particularly cringe when I see people championing the cause of a "woman's right to choose". Just another false narrative that the flock has bought into. I understand the NEED to keep abortion legal even though I reject it on a moral level. But that's my choice.

The simplest matter of the fact remains that the safety of all individuals is paramount.

Just as none of us would want some troubled female to be having a back-alley abortion which puts her own life at risk, neither should we deny anyone the right to protect themselves as they see fit. And that includes guns. Semi-automatic guns.

I can agree with more scrutiny for allowing any citizen to have an automatic weapon. We already have this. It's not a problem. Those really aren't defensive weapons as much as they're weapons designed to kill large amounts of people efficiently.

Just my change for a nickel.
__________________
"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-27-2017
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 9,547
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Dear Joe Jit-chop-suey...

Idiots speak as idiots will...anything else you have to say? Kind of like you usually do and make no real sense or points...EVER.

BTW...bought an awesome new AR-15 from Springfield Armory, SAINT 5.56mm...had it out at the range a few weeks ago, finished modding it and DAMN it really shoots accurately! I think I will buy a Ruger Precision .308 next...with a Leupold 4X16 50mm scope and Harris bipod. Once zeroed I can hit a 4" bulls eye at 600yds easily. Does any of this bother you? Damn I hope so...

Mack aka "The Executioner"
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-29-2017
joe-jitsu joe-jitsu is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Dear Joe Jit-chop-suey...

Idiots speak as idiots will...anything else you have to say? Kind of like you usually do and make no real sense or points...EVER.

BTW...bought an awesome new AR-15 from Springfield Armory, SAINT 5.56mm...had it out at the range a few weeks ago, finished modding it and DAMN it really shoots accurately! I think I will buy a Ruger Precision .308 next...with a Leupold 4X16 50mm scope and Harris bipod. Once zeroed I can hit a 4" bulls eye at 600yds easily. Does any of this bother you? Damn I hope so...

Mack aka "The Executioner"

AMEN...God bless the GOP and their choice for Commander in Chief..

The 2nd Ammendment was written when people had muskets and slingshots...Mr. Exequeefener.

What's wrong with chop-suey, lol?

Last edited by joe-jitsu; 10-29-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-29-2017
joe-jitsu joe-jitsu is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 885
8 months in to this lunatic's regime and Mack is boldly beating his chest proclaiming himself "Executioner."

Trump bless us all!

"Make America GREATER Again!!! Send the Blacks back to Africa!!"--- GOP Presidengial candidate circa 2024.

Not as far-fetched as you'd care to believe.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-29-2017
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 9,547
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-jitsu View Post
8 months in to this lunatic's regime and Mack is boldly beating his chest proclaiming himself "Executioner."

Trump bless us all!

"Make America GREATER Again!!! Send the Blacks back to Africa!!"--- GOP Presidengial candidate circa 2024.

Not as far-fetched as you'd care to believe.
No, actually you are pretty much a lunatic troll who has lost his grip and It's easy to push your button any time and make you pop like a jack-in-the-box. I didn't even vote for Trump BTW, in fact I didn't vote for any of the presidential candidates in the last election because they all sucked...like Obama did, whose a$$ you still kiss...but hey...keep on removing all doubt every time you post. It's great entertainment. I will continue to invoke Mark Twain when I respond to your rants.
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Last edited by mckbln; 10-29-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-29-2017
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 9,547
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-jitsu View Post
AMEN...God bless the GOP and their choice for Commander in Chief..

The 2nd Ammendment was written when people had muskets and slingshots...Mr. Exequeefener.

What's wrong with chop-suey, lol?
Hey JuiQEENIEBITCH...the 2nd Amendment says right to bear arms...not right to bear muskets; that is one of the oldest and dumbest arguments around. The right to bear arms means exactly that and they didn't mean anything other than that because it's a constitutional right, not some idiotic interpretation on technology.
I laugh at your ignorance...and fear. You are a bona-fide *****...and it cracks me up. Hey, if you ever want to learn how to shoot, hit me up and meet me at the range. I promise the shotgun won't break your arm...
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Last edited by mckbln; 10-30-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-30-2017
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 9,547
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
More great news! The ludicrous Illinois House Bills that were knee-jerk anti-gun garbage sponsored by Rep Moylan (D) Des Plaines ALL FAILED!!! LMAO!!! I signed my witness slips in opposition and called my rep (Welch) to voice my opposition. The fact is that the first bill HB 4107 was a joke and pretty much torpedoed out of the gate. The other two were too far reaching and had they just tried to ban "bump stocks" it would have passed but in true anti-gun-idiot-liberal-Demorat fashion they just tried to pile more on and FAILED!!! Wait...let me say it one more time...FAILED!!!
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-31-2017
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 9,547
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
And the latest attack committed by a radical Islamic terrorist with a Home Depot truck running into bicyclists, killing at least 8 and injuring 11 so far.
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-01-2017
joe-jitsu joe-jitsu is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
We have no better gun control measures than we currently do for the same reason we have abortion.

No law is going to stop either practice from continuing.

There will still be gun violence.

There will still be abortions.

No matter what the laws around each are changed to.

I find both abhorrent, as do most.

I particularly cringe when I see people championing the cause of a "woman's right to choose". Just another false narrative that the flock has bought into. I understand the NEED to keep abortion legal even though I reject it on a moral level. But that's my choice.

The simplest matter of the fact remains that the safety of all individuals is paramount.

Just as none of us would want some troubled female to be having a back-alley abortion which puts her own life at risk, neither should we deny anyone the right to protect themselves as they see fit. And that includes guns. Semi-automatic guns.

I can agree with more scrutiny for allowing any citizen to have an automatic weapon. We already have this. It's not a problem. Those really aren't defensive weapons as much as they're weapons designed to kill large amounts of people efficiently.

Just my change for a nickel.

Which innocent bystanders get hurt when a girl has an abortion? I mean, beside the ones you'd be dead-set against giving WIC or a Link card to anyway.

Mind boggling that you compare the two.

#TrumpBless
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.