Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 11-06-2017
Olympian

BTW, My Texas friends said there are only three places you can not carry. Schools, bars, and churches. My heart goes out to all people involved in this gun mess.
Old 11-06-2017
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-jitsu View Post
...and you just got spadled for the pin.

26 more DEAD in a church shooting in Texas. Not enough good guys with guns in Texas???

Stricter gun laws do NOT result in less gun violence. Exdept in Canada, England, Germany, Sweden, France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Amsterdam, Greece...really any western democracy.

Mack, should citizens be allowed to own hand grenades?? "Shall not be infringed" and all.

We won't have peace until EVERY citizen is equipped with their own surface-to-air missile launcher because, ya know, that's exactly what the forefathers had in mind.
Are you like retarded??? I guess so. It said right to bear arms, not right to bear muskets. Hand grenades, missiles, etc are explosive ordnance, not firearms you moron. Yea, love your stupid comparison above...dinky homogenous countries, and by all means, it's laughable when you list countries like Greece and Spain that are totally screwed up with internal problems, and of course Sweden, France, England, and hey, throw in Belgium that all suffered from terrorist attacks that their gun laws couldn't prevent...and their immigration laws helped create. Quite frankly you are one of the dumbest most hung-up persons I have ever conversed with on this site...and I use the term "person" giving you the benefit of the doubt.

BTW...you might note that concerning the Texas shooting the shooter, given the Bad Conduct Discharge due to felony domestic abuse had been properly reported and the FBI data base updated, he would never been allowed to purchase a firearm (18 USC 922 due to the Lautenberg Amendment). Secondly, the armed citizen who shot him and ultimately stopped him did so with...wait for it...an AR-15.

At this point I am laughing at you so hard I am almost spitting my beer out. Going to the range this weekend to shoot rifle, shotgun, and handgun. Just gut a great deal on ammo...9mm, .223, .45 ACP...need to keep practicing and got plenty to burn up. Got a new optic to zero as well.

Does this piss you off? GOD I hope so...

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 11-06-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Are you like retarded??? I guess so. It said right to bear arms, not right to bear muskets. Hand grenades, missiles, etc are explosive ordnance, not firearms you moron. Yea, love your stupid comparison above...dinky homogenous countries, and by all means, it's laughable when you list countries like Greece and Spain that are totally screwed up with internal problems, and of course Sweden, France, England, and hey, throw in Belgium that all suffered from terrorist attacks that their gun laws couldn't prevent...and their immigration laws helped create. Quite frankly you are one of the dumbest most hung-up persons I have ever conversed with on this site...and I use the term "person" giving you the benefit of the doubt.

BTW...you might note that concerning the Texas shooting the shooter, given the Bad Conduct Discharge due to felony domestic abuse had been properly reported and the FBI data base updated, he would never been allowed to purchase a firearm (18 USC 922 due to the Lautenberg Amendment). Secondly, the armed citizen who shot him and ultimately stopped him did so with...wait for it...an AR-15.

At this point I am laughing at you so hard I am almost spitting my beer out. Going to the range this weekend to shoot rifle, shotgun, and handgun. Just gut a great deal on ammo...9mm, .223, .45 ACP...need to keep practicing and got plenty to burn up. Got a new optic to zero as well.

Does this piss you off? GOD I hope so...
GTFO here lol. Find me ONE transcription of the 2nd ammendment that specifies "FIREarms"

It's "the right to keep and bear ARMS" in every version I've ever seen. You're desperately reaching.

And no, I'm not the least bit pissed about mass slaughterings being as big a part of Americana as baseball or apple pie.

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!"

But seriously though, find that version of the 2nd ammendment you spoke of.

Last edited by joe-jitsu; 11-06-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2017
Sergeant Major

Quote:
GTFO here lol. Find me ONE transcription of the 2nd ammendment that specifies "FIREarms"

It's "the right to keep and bear ARMS" in every version I've ever seen. You're desperately reaching.

And no, I'm not the least bit pissed about mass slaughterings being as big a part of Americana as baseball or apple pie.

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!"

But seriously though, find that version of the 2nd ammendment you spoke of.
Yep, right to bear arms, what part of that are you not getting? Oh wait, trying to make some kind of BS interpretation??? What do you consider Arms???

Psssst...it's spelled "amendment"...

What else you got to say?

Old 11-07-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Yep, right to bear arms, what part of that are you not getting? Oh wait, trying to make some kind of BS interpretation??? What do you consider Arms???

Psssst...it's spelled "amendment"...

What else you got to say?
Are m-16s legal?

76 dead at the hands of 2 White guys in the last 35 days with assault rifles----no chance of gun law reform. (and yea, the South Carolina church shooting...and etc.)

Muslim kills 7 people----"Extreme vetting!!!Arrrgggh!!"

Still no use of the term "SOB" to describe either White terrorist. I guess that term is exclusive to peaceful protesters of racial injustice.

Kudos on catching my misspelling. Hope it was orgasmic. Oh and it's "arms" not "firearms." ---but even some of those are banned too---what would the forefathers say?

God bless The Donald.
God bless the GOP.

...and forgive me if m-16 was wrong. I mean the gun Walter used at the end of Breaking Bad to kill all the Republicans, err, I mean Nazi's. Are those legal?

Last edited by joe-jitsu; 11-07-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2017
Olympian

Quote:
...and you just got spadled for the pin.

26 more DEAD in a church shooting in Texas. Not enough good guys with guns in Texas???

Stricter gun laws do NOT result in less gun violence. Exdept in Canada, England, Germany, Sweden, France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Amsterdam, Greece...really any western democracy.

Mack, should citizens be allowed to own hand grenades?? "Shall not be infringed" and all.

We won't have peace until EVERY citizen is equipped with their own surface-to-air missile launcher because, ya know, that's exactly what the forefathers had in mind.
Hopefully you have had time to realize that you put your foot in your mouth with that question. This shooter was stopped by a good guy with a gun...not a police officer, there are not enough of them to be every where all the time.

The answer to your question is no, there were not enough good guys with guns...at least at that church. The good guy with the gun in this situation was not at the church until after the shooting started. What if there would have been one good guy with a gun at that church? What if there would have been five good guys with guns?...or better yet what if every adult in that church had a gun? Do you think he would have killed 26 people if they all had guns?
Old 11-08-2017
Varsity

Between Vegas and Texas, it's:

Bad Guys With Guns: 76 (+hundreds with life altering injuries)

Good Guys With Guns: 2

Jesus, it's basically OPRF vs Leo (Sorry Leo).
Old 11-08-2017
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Hopefully you have had time to realize that you put your foot in your mouth with that question. This shooter was stopped by a good guy with a gun...not a police officer, there are not enough of them to be every where all the time.

The answer to your question is no, there were not enough good guys with guns...at least at that church. The good guy with the gun in this situation was not at the church until after the shooting started. What if there would have been one good guy with a gun at that church? What if there would have been five good guys with guns?...or better yet what if every adult in that church had a gun? Do you think he would have killed 26 people if they all had guns?

There was a GGWG (from now on we can all agree to abbreviate these mythical vigilantes as such) at the recent Oregon college shooting. Fine, upstanding citizen with a perfectly valid CCP (which I'm NOT against). His perfectly logical reason for not drawing and engaging was that he didn't want the cops to think he was the bad guy. And, ya know, he's a student...not paid security, or Shaft, or McClain from DieHard.

What would a GGWG have done in Vegas? He shot a security guard and 2 off duty cops. Yes, he EVENTUALLT got taken down. BRAVO!
Old 11-08-2017
Sergeant Major

Quote:
Are m-16s legal?

76 dead at the hands of 2 White guys in the last 35 days with assault rifles----no chance of gun law reform. (and yea, the South Carolina church shooting...and etc.)

Muslim kills 7 people----"Extreme vetting!!!Arrrgggh!!"

Still no use of the term "SOB" to describe either White terrorist. I guess that term is exclusive to peaceful protesters of racial injustice.

Kudos on catching my misspelling. Hope it was orgasmic. Oh and it's "arms" not "firearms." ---but even some of those are banned too---what would the forefathers say?

God bless The Donald.
God bless the GOP.

...and forgive me if m-16 was wrong. I mean the gun Walter used at the end of Breaking Bad to kill all the Republicans, err, I mean Nazi's. Are those legal?
Ah yes and again ignorance prevails as is a theme in your anti-gun rants. South Carolina shooting, handgun, hate crime. Assault rifles? Do you even know what an assault rifle is? Sigh...looks like I have to repost my Firearms 101 video. Watch it...you might actually learn something, and that includes the intent of the 2nd Amendment relating to ARMS as in firearms might want to do some research concerning that. Muslims, extreme vetting, yea you bet your ***. Please correct me if I am wrong but how many people were killed in the terrorist attacks on 9/11? Ever been to Dearborn, MI??? Speaking of radical Islamic extremists, go back and check some of those mass shootings at Ft Hood, Orlando, San Bernardino, and tell me how those could have been prevented? Las Vegas...no criminal record, bought legally. Texas, system failed, guy should never have been allowed to own a firearm but managed to. Props for those proposed "universal background checks" which the FBI already admits is impossible to implement. You can bitch and moan all you want but you are stuck with it and no gun ban or restrictions are going to change it. This is a country of over 300 million people and millions of responsible gun owners like myself who are NO threat to the public. This country can't even come close to stop illegal immigrants or drugs entering this country and you think for one minute that the government can stop gun crime?

Old 11-08-2017
Olympian

Hello again

Haven't been on for a while but this might get me started again. I own 6 shotguns, 3 rifles and 5 pistols. I have never shot anyone but would do so if necessary. I also own 5 cars but have never run over anyone but would do so if necessary. It was a lot easier to buy my car than my guns.

Interesting how just a week or two ago some crazy ran over and killed about 8 people and injured a few others but people still put the focus on guns. The point is we have had bombings, crashes, poisonings, arsons and shootings that have all killed thousands of innocent people. Motivated people will always, and I mean always, find a way to get their job done.

Most people have access or ownership of explosives, vehicles, toxic substances and fire. Many who have those items do not have guns and are unfamiliar with them. They look at those items as useful things that they are in control of but they are deathly afraid of or hate guns because they see no useful reason for them. It is a typical reaction of people who have no understanding or experience with firearms.

Times have changed a great deal as have attitudes as I will Illustrate with a personal story. In 1986 I was getting my MBA from the University of Florida and taking a class in business ethics. The case study we were working on concerned Sturm Ruger firearms company and the new transfer bar on their new model pistols that made them safer as the hammer did not rest directly on the firing pin. People could not figure it out so the next class session I brought mine so that people could see it for themselves. A few of them were shocked and others thought it was normal. I thought nothing of it. There were people who were so afraid of it they would not touch it, hold it or pick it up. If I were to do that now, I would be arrested, expelled or worse.

The point is guns were no real problem then. What has changed? Fear is now out of control, but the reason for the fear is not the guns, it is really the people who wield some of them as well as many other deadly things. Stop pandering to the mentally ill, start keeping people in jail, stop other similar liberal crusades and keep these people off the street.