While all the chat ends up being about the usual suspects - Munster, Dardenes Brothers, Klimara, Cooper, Akuwi, Procter etc...
There are a number of contenders that are sitting in weeds waiting their time. Here's my list of the top 15 competitors to unseat the favorites:
- Patrick Scully, Schaumburg - 119, verteran of many wars to challenge Klimara
- Adrian Gonzalez, Barrington - In the mix at 112
- Jack Schramm, Darien - 40 wins last year gives him a shot at 112
- Danny Sabetelo, Stevenson - Switches schools but should be a force at 119
- Brian Gonzalez, GBN - One match from placing last year...gave everyone a battle. Look for him at 112
- Sean Raddatz, Marist - A lot of success in the off season to complement his 5th place finish at 112. Probable at 119
- Blaise Butler, RK Boylan - Freestyle freak who wrestled 125 last year...look for him at 135 this year.
- Joey Gosinski, GBN - One match from placing for the second year in a row. Could be at 119 again or 125
- Mike Avelar, Bro Rice - Supper stud as a soph last year. Will surprise at 140
- Spartek Chino, WWS - Off season machine. My pick to click this year...not sure what weight...probably 140?
- Steve Congenie, Willowbrook - Freshman...4th in State at 140. Likely 145 / 152 Unreal...
- Malik Taylor, Bro Rice - Two time state qualifier who wrestlers everyone TOUGH
- Charle Argue - Mt. Carmel, Hanging with the best for three years, now its SR Year!
- Matt Dwyer, Roc Hon - Been in the mix...now its his time
- Josh Marchok, Schaumburg - Qualified as a Frosh...great off season