NJCAA Service Bureau
December 13, 2006
First NJCAA Wrestling Rankings of 2006-07 Season Released
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Dec. 13, 2006) -- Iowa Central Community College is the top team in the first NJCAA Division I wrestling rankings of 2006-07 season. Harper College takes the top spot in the Division III rankings. Iowa Central has nine wrestlers ranked this season, including defending NJCAA 197 pound Champion Jon Jones.
Harper has seven wrestlers ranked in the initial rankings of the season, including Andy McArthur (No. 1 at 125#), Dallas Hesseltine (No. 1 at 157#) and Ray Richardson (No. 1 at 165#).
Labette and Northwest Wyoming are the second and third-ranked Division I programs, respectively. Labette returns four wrestlers that placed at last year's NJCAA National Tournament, including Tim Elliot (5th, 125#), Josh Baldridge (4th, 133#), Tommy McCarthy (4th, 174#) and Willie Weber (7th, 285#). Northwest Wyoming's Julius Rios is the No. 1 ranked wrestler at 174 pounds after placing second in the weight class at nationals last season. Joe Woods returns for Northwest Wyoming as well, he was an All-American in 2003.
Gloucester County College and Nassau Community College are the second and third-ranked teams in Division III . Gloucester's Clint Collins (141#) and Mark Peiffer (174#) both placed at nationals last season and will be the team's top scorer's this season. Nassau boasts three wrestlers in the individual rankings, including Aptlekin Ozkilic (No. 3, 125#), Mauricio Benetiz (No. 5, 133#) and Chris Wade (No. 7, 165#).
Below are the individual, Division III and Division I rankings for Dec. 22, 2005. The number listed in the Points column is the number of wrestlers the college has in the individual rankings.
Individual Rankings (Dec. 13, 2006)125
1. Andy McArthur - Harper
2. Tim Elliot - Labette
3. Aptlekin Ozkilic - Nassau
4. Terrancy Young - Iowa Central
5. Jeremy Ensley - Northwest Wyo.
6. Akmal Adilov - Colby
7. Michael Wilding - Western Wyo.
8. Michael Boring - Spartansburg
1. Raymond Stephens - Waubonsee
2. Josh Baldridge - Labette
3. Kenny Jordan - Lincoln
4. Cade Christensen - Western Wyo.
5. Mauricio Benetiz - Nassau
6. Josh Miller - Ellsworth
7. John Hensley - Iowa Central
8. Tanner Dawson - Neosho
1. Joe Soto - Iowa Central
2. Heinrich Barnes - North Idaho
3. Clint Collins - Gloucester
4. Levi Younkin - Colby
5. Jordan McCabe - Harper
6. Marcus Bowman - Labette
7. Tol Calvin - Lincoln
8. Colby Crawford - Pratt
1. Henry Kofa - Lassen
2. Willy Pendleton - Labette
3. Jeff Keske - Iowa Central
4. Coby Jones - North Idaho
5. Cody Chipperfield - Western Wyo.
6. Sam Schmitz - Colby
7. Cody Johnvin - Itasca
8. Kyle Foley - St. Louis - Meramec
1. Dallas Hesseltine - Harper
2. Nate Carr - Iowa Central
3. Joe Yust - Labette
4. Jason Nichols - Pratt
5. Randy Moore - Gloucester
6. Jeb Clark - Northwest Wyo.
7. Clayton Cook - Western Wyo.
8. Micah Keller - Ellsworth
1. Ray Richardson - Harper
2. Travis Hammons - Triton
3. Colby Covington - Iowa Central
4. Eric Coxbill - Northwest Wyo.
5. Jarrett Hall - Ridgewater
6. Jason Green - Neosho
7. Chris Wade - Nassau
8. Lewis Hutchinson - Lincoln
1. Julius Rios - Northwest Wyo.
2. Tommy McCarthy - Labette
3. Mark Peiffer - Gloucester
4. Anthony Enyobi - Neosho
5. Jesse Linczmaier - Harper
6. Andy Perez - Waubonsee
1. Brad Padgett - Highline
2. Kyle Sand - North Idaho
3. Joe Woods - Northwest Wyo.
4. Nate Willard - Iowa Central
5. Tyler Mancuso - Harper
6. Jayce Waggoner - Rend Lake
7. Chris Kearn - Colby
8. Mike Wilcox - Gloucester
1. Jon Jones - Iowa Central
2. Jamie Luckett - Alfred State
3. Evan Mattingly - North Idaho
4. Ryan Sutton - St. Louis-Meramec
5. Sean Evans - Harper
6. Elijah Martinez - Labette
7. Jeremiah Webb - Spartansburg
8. Nathan Barzee - Northwest Wyo.
1. Cedric Powell - St. Louis-Meramec
2. Brandon Rupp - Western Wyo.
3. Willie Weber - Labette
4. Jacob Combs/Jesse Martin - Iowa Central
5. Robbie Shaw - North Idaho
6. Maxie Berrian - Minnesota West
7. Michael Freeman - Northwest Wyo.
8. Carl Wilkinson - Pratt
Division III Wrestling PollPlace College Location Record Points First - Place
1Harper College Palatine, Ill. NA
2Gloucester Community College Sewell, N.J. NA
3Nassau Community College Garden City, N.Y. NA
4Ridgewater Community College Willmar, Minn. NA
5Triton College River Grove, Ill. NA
6Waubonsee Community College Sugar Grove, Ill. NA
7Itasca Community College Grand Rapids, Minn. NA
8Rochester Community & Technical College Worthington, Minn. NA
9Minnesota West Community & Technical College River Grove, Ill. NA
10Alfred State College Alfred, N.Y. NA
11Spartansburg Methodist College Edison, N.J. NA
"I'll tell you this, in any fight, its the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because thats what livin' is!"