We are now accepting nominations for this week’s GO EARN IT High School Wrestler of the Week!
You can nominate a wrestler in 4 ways.
- On Illinois Matmen: Post a reply to this article / forum thread using your Illinois Matmen screen name.
- On Facebook: Post a reply to our Facebook post requesting nominations.
- On Twitter: Reply to our tweet requesting nominations or send us a DM.
- Via Email: Contact us by email with your nominations.
ALL NOMINATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE WRESTLER’S NAME, SCHOOL, AND WHAT THEY DID THIS WEEK TO EARN YOUR NOMINATION (LIST NOTABLE WINS, TOURNAMENT TITLES, ETC).
Nominations will close Tuesday morning at 10am central time. The Illinois Matmen staff will then choose what we feel are the strongest nominations. The top nominations will then be placed in a poll on the Illinois Matmen home page for everyone to vote. The poll will close Wednesday morning at 8am at which time the winner will be announced.
The GO EARN IT Wrestler of the Week will get the choice of a GO EARN IT snapback hat or t-shirt and will have a feature story written about them on Illinois Matmen.
Thanks for participating and if you want to win this award, GO EARN IT!
- Logan Deacetis, a sophomore and returning SQ at Prairie Central. Finished the regular season at 41-0 with 32 pins. In the conference championship of the Illini Prairie, he beat top 5 Lane Miller (4-2) of Olympia and was 8-0 to help the Hawks win their 2nd straight league title. Deacetis has numerous wins v ranked kids at 160/170 on the season. Not to mention Logan is an excellent student.Trey Pearcy, Charleston High School Wrestling, captured first in the 113 weight class 16-man bracket at the Eastern Illinois Tournament held January 26, 2019 at Robinson. Pearcy, a junior, 22-1, is currently ranked 6th for IHSA 2A Individual. Pearcy's stats from
1st Place Match - Trey Pearcy (Charleston) 22-1 won by decision over Carter Hall (Champaign Central) 28-5 (Dec 5-3)
Semifinal - Trey Pearcy (Charleston) 22-1 won by tech fall over Trevor Willis (Clinton) 18-14 (TF-1.5 2:13 (19-0))
Quarterfinal - Trey Pearcy (Charleston) 22-1 won by fall over Noah Prosser (Effingham) 15-13 (Fall 0:19)