Central Illinois Sleepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE_ONE View Post
    Just for the record Brock Hill was not even in Pekin's lineup tonight?? So who knows where the mighty Brock was at??
    Pekin had one 103 over weight. But just for the record East Peoria looked like crap. One captain was out with a broken hand and I think another captain broke his hand during the match. It was a rough night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Esterhouse View Post
      Might be best... looking at Juarez, Ambrose and Bokoskie
      yea but lets not forget about Muhammad, and Ingersol...besides i dont think hes even big enough to roll with these guys!

Comment

Originally posted by maroon and gold View Post
        Pekin had one 103 over weight. But just for the record East Peoria looked like crap. One captain was out with a broken hand and I think another captain broke his hand during the match. It was a rough night.
        Yeah I threw one of my clumsy laterals, and Beck went to post on his hand to stop it, I don't know exactly what happened but he looked like he was hurting pretty bad. Here's hoping he heals up soon.

Pekin also had two people out of the lineup, our 130 and 171, and Brock missed weight. 36-34 seems pretty good to me either way.

Comment

Originally posted by wrestling observer View Post
          What was the result of this?
          Not good on Seth's end Good on Eds end tho...

Coop took Seth down and Seth reversed to make it 2-2. With 15 seconds left in the 1st, Coop hiped over and put Seth to his back for 5 as the buzzer sounded.

In the 2nd Seth starts down, gets chicken winged and put on his back and glued. Game over... As cheesey as it sounds, it looked like it was going to be a good one to watch, until that whole chicken wing thing in the second took place.....LOL

Edwin is tough and looks good right now. Long, lean and mean. It's gonna take a heck of a 103 to beat him.

The weekend turned out OK tho... he(Seth) won the Pontiac tourney on Saturday.

Provi is going to be a load in the sectional for sure. Not a super deep Providence team of old but, this one still has a lot of great kids. The thing is, next year and the year after... look-out!
          Eat, sleep and wrestling.

Comment

Thanks for the great details maximus...Congrats to Seth on the Pontiac Tourney win...That Mariani from Bloomington is a tough kid that he beat in the finals...

Comment

the idea of pekin actually beating east peoria is possible due to the match but even if each lineup was healthy, east peoria would hav been them, eps 135 Riber never should hav got pinned, he tried a tip and got caught, beck at 189 already had a questionable wrist and tried wrestling... he looked like he was in pain just by grabbing let alone when he back tripped the guy and landed wrong on the wrist... those 2 would never get pinned... ep killed washington and washington came close to beat pekin, pekin did surprise me.. they could get second or third in the mid illini since metamora's talent is really low this year... without white and vancel and miller... miller's lil brother will be carring the team this year... on a side note... anyone who was at the ep and pekin meet... the parents on both sides were arguing after the match... pekin parents we yelling the ep lost because they had to forfiet 130... it was a funy sight to see and hear... the best wrestlers in the mid ill prolly are hill-103 pekin... eps-160 not sure how to spell his name... zobac and 130 and other then that... im not really that impressed... hill is good but i havnt seen him wrestle anyone special

Comment

Originally posted by random-MidIllini-wrestler View Post
                the idea of pekin actually beating east peoria is possible due to the match but even if each lineup was healthy, east peoria would hav been them, eps 135 Riber never should hav got pinned, he tried a tip and got caught, beck at 189 already had a questionable wrist and tried wrestling... he looked like he was in pain just by grabbing let alone when he back tripped the guy and landed wrong on the wrist... those 2 would never get pinned... ep killed washington and washington came close to beat pekin, pekin did surprise me.. they could get second or third in the mid illini since metamora's talent is really low this year... without white and vancel and miller... miller's lil brother will be carring the team this year... on a side note... anyone who was at the ep and pekin meet... the parents on both sides were arguing after the match... pekin parents we yelling the ep lost because they had to forfiet 130... it was a funy sight to see and hear... the best wrestlers in the mid ill prolly are hill-103 pekin... eps-160 not sure how to spell his name... zobac and 130 and other then that... im not really that impressed... hill is good but i havnt seen him wrestle anyone special

Only time will tell, but maybe it isn't that EP had a bad meet against Pekin, but maybe Washington had a bad meet against EP??? I know Washington's 130 or 135 pounder, who is one of their two best wrestlers, was out of the EP match due to an injury sustained in the Pekin dual. As far as the comments about the one kid getting caught, and the one kid with a bad wrist..hey that's wrestling man, and if you let yourself use those things as crutches then you really don't understand the sport!!! We'll see if Washington and Pekin compete close with Metamora and Canton whom both hd fairly close duals with EP!!!
                I once was a different man than I am today... I strive for perfection, and settle for the past!!

Comment

Working...
                X