Granite City Regional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granite City Regional

Okay folks, it is ten days until the GC regional lets here what the picks are for team and individual titles.
    I will obviously pick my beloved Granite City Warriors by three over Edwardsville. Pretty bold I know; but what the heck.
    106 Heil EDW
    113 Nelson GC
    120 Villigran O’fallon
    126 Millett GC. Should be some really hard fought matches.
    132 Phil Deloach I really like how aggressive he is I’ll take him over Taylor in the final
    138 Mech Spraggins B West. No brainer, hopefully he brings home the big title this year
    145 Total toss up
    152 Higgens B West should contend for the state title.
    160 Osario GC Tough on the inside and outside. Shows up big time and takes it.
    170 Loaded weight class I have Brooks (GC) over Downs (Q) in the final
    182 Kent EDW takes it hard one to call here. Another wide open weight class
    195 Blair EDW barely wins the rematch over Tamayo in OT.
    220 Shimchick over Masters. This weight class is really close, with Masters back in the mix.
    HWT Whitford…
    Lets here it inside source, yokel, soho, chicken wing

Originally posted by YAMA ARASHI View Post
    Okay folks, it is ten days until the GC regional lets here what the picks are for team and individual titles.
    I will obviously pick my beloved Granite City Warriors by three over Edwardsville. Pretty bold I know; but what the heck.
    106 Heil EDW
    113 Nelson GC
    120 Villigran O’fallon
    126 Millett GC. Should be some really hard fought matches.
    132 Phil Deloach I really like how aggressive he is I’ll take him over Taylor in the final
    138 Mech Spraggins B West. No brainer, hopefully he brings home the big title this year
    145 Total toss up
    152 Higgens B West should contend for the state title.
    160 Osario GC Tough on the inside and outside. Shows up big time and takes it.
    170 Loaded weight class I have Brooks (GC) over Downs (Q) in the final
    182 Kent EDW takes it hard one to call here. Another wide open weight class
    195 Blair EDW barely wins the rematch over Tamayo in OT.
    220 Shimchick over Masters. This weight class is really close, with Masters back in the mix.
    HWT Whitford…
    Lets here it inside source, yokel, soho, chicken wing
    I am out of the predictions business!

Why do you make it a little more difficult and try determine all the seeds for every weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Hospitality View Post
      I am out of the predictions business!

Why do you make it a little more difficult and try determine all the seeds for every weight?
      Oh, wow, there is no way I'm good enough or even try my hand at seeding. Thats for all the smart numbers crunchers.

I will say this though, there are only two weight classes that are pretty uncontested in my book. All the rest have one, two and some even have four or five possibles to take it.

It will be a good tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by YAMA ARASHI View Post
        Oh, wow, there is no way I'm good enough or even try my hand at seeding. Thats for all the smart numbers crunchers.

I will say this though, there are only two weight classes that are pretty uncontested in my book. All the rest have one, two and some even have four or five possibles to take it.

It will be a good tournament.
        Its really not rocket science, but it require some research.

FYI, the first criteria for seed is head to head, second is common opponents, and third is coaches votes.

I have a good feel how most of the seeds will fall.

It is a well balance tournament and will be very competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Hospitality View Post
          Its really not rocket science, but it require some research.

FYI, the first criteria for seed is head to head, second is common opponents, and third is coaches votes.

I have a good feel how most of the seeds will fall.

It is a well balance tournament and will be very competitive.

Unless it has changed since I retired 4 years ago, first criteria is record against common opponents, including each other. They are not separate.

Comment

Working...
          X