River to River and All South Selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River to River and All South Selections

Does anyone know how the voting ended up or who was selected last night for all weight classes...

SICA All-South Team
    Southern Illinois Coaches Association
    2012-13 SICA All-South Wrestling Teams

All-South 1A
    106 – Kyle Chambers (SR) Murphysboro (27-14)
    113 – Dylan Chambers (FR) Murphysboro (25-10)
    120 – Chase Worthey (SO) Benton (32-5) State Q
    120 – Zach Zvonar (SR) Carlyle (29-6) State Q
    126 – Chase Worthey (SO) Benton (33-5) State Q
    132 – Bailey Menees (JR) West Frankfort (29-10) State Q
    138 – Gavin Restivo (SR) West Frankfort (39-5) State Q
    145 – Hadin Restivo (SR) West Frankfort (33-9)
    152 – Keegan Gardner (FR) West Frankfort (37-5) State Q
    160 – Chris Maddox (SR) Carlyle (31-10) State Q
    170 – Zach Mocaby (SR) Benton (29-13) State Q
    182 – Phillip Frangello (JR) Carterville
    195 – Lucas Smith (SR) West Frankfort (17-7)
    220 – Kevin Roper (SR) Carlyle (26-3) State Q
    Hwt – Dre Cannon (SR) Carlyle (36-4) State Q

All-South 2A
    106 – Brandon Tennyson (FR) Herrin (25-13)
    113 – Braden Whitecotton (FR) Herrin (25-10)
    120 – Quentin Favors (JR) Mt. Vernon
    126 – Cam Holton (SR) Carbondale (23-7) State Q
    132 – Cody Stanton (SR) Carbondale (28-6) Regional Champ
    138 – Jermaine Pryor (JR) Carbondale (28-13 State Q
    145 – Chase Vosburgh (SO) Mt. Vernon
    152 – Jon Evetts (SR) Marion (39-6) State Q
    160 – Alex Vosburgh (SR) Mt. Vernon
    170 – Ted Cravens (SO) Herrin (31-10)
    182 – Royce Harris (JR) Marion (34-14)
    195 – Nathan Vaughn (SR) Herrin (30-7)
    220 – Octavious McCloud (FR) Carbondale (28-19)
    Hwt – Justin Armstrong (SR) Mt. Vernon

All-South At Large
    106 – Logan Reagon (FR) Herrin (20-17)
    113 – Trey Westbrook (SR) Centralia
    120 – Jesse Hampton (JR) Herrin (23-12)
    126 – Eli Roberts (JR) Herrin (29-5)
    132 – Luke Abbott (JR) Marion (32-14)
    138 – CJ Morrison (SR) Marion (27-9)
    145 – Mykel Gray (JR) Carbondale (31-8)
    152 – Patrick Stanton (SO) Murphysboro (26-10)
    160 – Mike Glaub (SR) Carbondale (33-18)
    170 – John Belanger (JR) Marion (36-9)
    182 – Ben Abney (JR) Herrin (23-14)
    195 – Tristan Penrod (SO) Mt. Vernon
    220 – Shane Favier (JR) Murphysboro (19-14)
    Hwt – Preston Lunon (SR) Marion (24-9)
    Hwt – Jon Bolte (SR) Herrin (7-3)
    lnovara@mhs.org

Comment

So would any Mount Carmel/Lawrenceville/Robinson/etc wrestlers be considered for All-South wrestling?

Comment

Originally posted by cheez35 View Post
        So would any Mount Carmel/Lawrenceville/Robinson/etc wrestlers be considered for All-South wrestling?
        The "ALL-SOUTH" teams are sponsored and selected by the Southern Illinois Coaches Association. Only athletes from schools belonging to the association are eligible. To the best of my knowledge Mt. Carmel, Lawrenceville, and Robinson a not members of the SICA. Illinois players selected to play in the Southern Illinois vs Western Kentucky All-Star football game are also chosen from schools that are members of this organization.

I'm sure if Mt. Carmel, Lawrenceville, or Robinson wanted to join the SICA, they would be welcomed.

Comment

There should be something fun for the kids such as a dual between the 1A and 2A team.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianNation23 View Post
            There should be something fun for the kids such as a dual between the 1A and 2A team.
            That would be fun, but since underclassmen are included, I'm pretty sure it would be against IHSA rules. Only seniors may participate in an all-star competition.

Comment

Originally posted by RAMbunctious View Post
              That would be fun, but since underclassmen are included, I'm pretty sure it would be against IHSA rules. Only seniors may participate in an all-star competition.
              That is a myth.
              Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

Comment

2A-106-We would love to have him but Brandon Tennyson is from Marion.

Comment

I believe the coaches of Southern Illinois should try to work together to make something happen for these seniors, if your a wrestler from Chicago things are made easier.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianNation23 View Post
                    I believe the coaches of Southern Illinois should try to work together to make something happen for these seniors, if your a wrestler from Chicago things are made easier.
                    It depends on what you are talking about. If you are from Chicago area it is easier to get elite training, it is easier to find quality training partners, but it is not easier to qualify for sectionals or state or even make varsity.
                    sigpic
                    "No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time...all you got is life time!"
                    -Henry Rollins

Comment

I agree with you 100% but by saying things are easier I'm saying with that wrestling is huge in northern Illinois where it's all basketball down here so there's more support by the schools, and there's more all-star dual opportunities and these seniors deserve to be able to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                        That is a myth.

3.120 ALL-STAR PARTICIPATION
                        3.121 No student at a member school shall participate on an all-star team in basketball,football,soccer or volleyball during the
                        studentís high school career until completing their interscholastic athletic eligibility in that particular sport. A student
                        may participate in no more than three (3) all-star contestsin a sport.

True that this by-law only specifies football, basketball, soccer, & volleyball, but I would want to see written approval from the IHSA specifiying that it was ok, before I would allow an underclassman to wrestle in an "all-star" dual. After 41 years as a high school coach in Illinois, I have learned to only trust written verification from the IHSA about specific situations. To say I don't always trust them with the gray areas would be an understatement.

Comment

3.121 No student at a member school shall participate on an all-star team in basketball,football,soccer or volleyball during the
                          studentís high school career until completing their interscholastic athletic eligibility in that particular sport. A student

True that this by-law only specifies football, basketball, soccer, & volleyball, but I would want to see written approval from the IHSA specifiying that it was ok, before I would allow an underclassman to wrestle in an "all-star" dual. After 41 years as a high school coach in Illinois, I have learned to only trust written verification from the IHSA about specific situations. To say I don't always trust them with the gray areas would be an understatement.
                          I had this confirmed with Gannaway when I was looking to put on an all-star event, but I agree, I would get it in writing before actually going through with things.
                          Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

Comment

It's already been happening. Wouldn't the dual teams that go to the Scholastic duals, Disney, Virginia Beach, etc be considered all star teams?

Comment

Originally posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
                              It's already been happening. Wouldn't the dual teams that go to the Scholastic duals, Disney, Virginia Beach, etc be considered all star teams?
                              Technically, I would think so. But as I said, there seems to be a lot of gray area here. What about AAU basketball teams and volleyball teams in the off-season? Since wrestling isn't specified in the bylaw, one could assume it is exempt. But assumptions can get one in trouble. I would still want it in writing.

Comment

Working...
                              X