X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAL
    replied
    Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
    You do know it takes 2/3 of the states to vote for an amendment to the constitution right it actually has nothing to do with the president. Do you know how do you like to think of your self as a trendsetter, A Lonewolf amongst a bunch of sheep. Ironically you are just regurgitating the same stuff that I see over and over again and parlor in Ultra conservative media platforms..... You’re like no government officials can make me put a 4 inch piece of cloth on my face. It’s like you bravely walk into a Walgreens without one as if you’re storming the beaches of Normandy.
    A buy back program doesn't require a constitutional amendment. I rarely wear a mask at work...I never wear safety glasses .,,The seat belt law really pisses me off...I think air bags should be optional...I despised wearing a helmet on a motor cycle...but somehow I am still alive. Old football players would tell you if you are not wearing a helmet, you wont lead with your head. I don.t feel that I am making any kind of a statement by not wearing a mask. I just don't like them and their effectiveness is clearly in question and the virus is next to nothing. Mosquitoes kill a million people every year. If the media thought they could blame it on Trump you could just replace Covid with Mosquito born disease and they wouldn't even have to rewrite the script.

Leave a comment:

• oldpioneer
    replied
    You do know it takes 2/3 of the states to vote for an amendment to the constitution right it actually has nothing to do with the president. Do you know how do you like to think of your self as a trendsetter, A Lonewolf amongst a bunch of sheep. Ironically you are just regurgitating the same stuff that I see over and over again and parlor in Ultra conservative media platforms..... You’re like no government officials can make me put a 4 inch piece of cloth on my face. It’s like you bravely walk into a Walgreens without one as if you’re storming the beaches of Normandy.

Leave a comment:

• MAL
    replied
    Chief, your not even done stealing this election yet and you want to take the guns from the people that you stole the election from? Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefIllini1
    replied
    It is being reported by a number of media sources that the first official act of the President Biden administration will be to implement a Constitutional Gun Buy-Back Program via Executive Order. Most of the details are still to be worked out, but it has been given an official name, Executive Order 2021-1, and there are maps and websites available with some of the details about the procedures and drop-off locations for people to get familiar with the new plan.

Apparently, the buy-backs will begin on Thursday, January 21, 2021 with a final drop-dead date of April 1, 2021. By that time, all of the guns should be, at least theoretically, in the hands of the federal government. This is one of the graphic images you can find on the government website:

The website notes, among other things, that:

"Over 40,000 Americans die each year from gun violence. This is abhorrent and, as established from the data available in other democracies around the world, unnecessary. There are over 12.1 deaths each year in America per 100,000 in population due to gun violence, while only 11.6 deaths per 100,000 related to automobile accidents. We can do better."
    This is a great day, my friends! As my friend Ghost Preacher says,

Leave a comment:

• ChiefIllini1
    replied
    Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
    Can someone break it down for me? I mean I read the article and it said something about the NRA being accused of spending $64 million on themselves and private jets. I thought that is common knowledge that groups like that do that.
    What happened is that LaPierre and three of his henchmen got greedy. For giving money to Republican legislators and badmouthing anybody who might have misgivings about 40,000 Americans slaughtered every year, they were paid huge salaries. Grotesquely large salaries of blood money.

But they wanted more.

But how to do it? They decided to steal from the "charity" by having their advertising agency pay for all of the $64,000,000 worth of perks, then claiming that the money was spent on advertising.

Instead, it bought trips to the Bahamas, fancy suits, etc.

Now, in New York, it is against the law to steal from a charity. The New York Attorney General, however, only handles civil matters. The civil law in that state allows her to go after the NRA's charter, to seek restitution, and to remove the criminals.

The criminal charges are being sent to the proper authorities.

Trump faced similar charges because he stole from the Trump Foundation. New York closed it down, Trump paid restitution, and all the gross little trumplings were ordered to stay away from any New York charities.

Trump surrendered like a Frenchman.

Leave a comment:

• dadudaman4
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
    Ironic, don't you think, that the NRA will be dissolved just like the Trump Foundation--and for the same reasons?

Everything Trump touches dies.
    This is nothing more than a political ploy by a Dem flunkie prosecutor. Never going to happen. The NRA is powerful because of its millions of law abiding, gun owning members, who will continue to fight for their Constitutionally protected gun rights by voting Republican. Count on it.

Leave a comment:

• MAL
    replied
    I haven't read anything on this yet, but the snippet that I heard from the prosecutor didn't sound like she mentioned any crimes. My bet is that she wants to eat the Trump campaign donation in court.

Leave a comment:

• oldpioneer
    replied
    Can someone break it down for me? I mean I read the article and it said something about the NRA being accused of spending $64 million on themselves and private jets. I thought that is common knowledge that groups like that do that.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefIllini1
    replied
    Ironic, don't you think, that the NRA will be dissolved just like the Trump Foundation--and for the same reasons?

Everything Trump touches dies.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefIllini1
    replied
    Brothers and Sisters, it is time for the Devil to take his payment. The NRA sold its soul for a few measly dollars. Sold America to the Russians.

And now payment is due.

For the millions of lives lost, for the blood splashed across our streets and sidewalks and malls and theaters and restaurants and homes, for the countless hospital vigils.

The Devil's due.

Can I get a NOGUNS?

Signed,
    Your Loyal Servant,
    Ghost Preacher

Leave a comment:

• ChiefIllini1
    replied
    Originally posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
    I like the guy in the front right who has a camouflage holster for his fifth of whiskey.... ��

Cheers. �� (where everybody knows your name....)
    They all look deranged. Some may be drunk as well. Liquor and guns are a swell cocktail.

As for your guy, the doofus with the grain alcohol holster, how deep into cos-play do you have to get before you can read a sales catalog, see a camo liquor bottle holster and think, "Now. Yes, by Gawd, now, my patriot costume is complete!"

He's like a goth girl who has to have all the de rigueur piercings, makeup, henna tattoos and black outfits, but goes that one ambitious step farther by taping her bedroom walls full of posters for "Magic, The Gathering."

And yet the little goth girl hurts no one.

GO 🇺🇸!

Leave a comment:

• Crystal Clearly
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post

Earlier in this long thread, I published my "Selfishness Spectrum." It describes the levels of selfishness you can find in American society. Do you recall it? In case you do not, here it is again:

The fact that a person owns a gun knowing that it makes his family less safe is the very pinnacle of selfishness. That's what I said then, but I was wrong. My apologies. It was the very pinnacle of selfishness:

Owning a gun, while performing cos-play on the Capitol steps and demanding that people die for your massage and haircut now sits at the top of my "Selfishness Spectrum."

I like the guy in the front right who has a camouflage holster for his fifth of whiskey.... ��

Cheers. �� (where everybody knows your name....)

Leave a comment:

• ChiefIllini1
    replied

Earlier in this long thread, I published my "Selfishness Spectrum." It describes the levels of selfishness you can find in American society. Do you recall it? In case you do not, here it is again:

The fact that a person owns a gun knowing that it makes his family less safe is the very pinnacle of selfishness. That's what I said then, but I was wrong. My apologies. It was the very pinnacle of selfishness:

Owning a gun, while performing cos-play on the Capitol steps and demanding that people die for your massage and haircut now sits at the top of my "Selfishness Spectrum."

Leave a comment:

• Blonjuan44
    replied
    Originally posted by dadudaman4 View Post
    I agree with you 100%. We have laws already on the books that need to be enforced consistently.
    Most of the mass shooters are not considered "insane". I am not a doctor, neither are you - that is what the experts say - google it. People kill people because they are angry, that is pretty simple. Or in a weird way, just for infamy - like the dude in Las Vegas - not crazy, but didn't seem angry either. Do you have to be insane to punch somebody in the face at a bar? I have nothing against guns, but they say they don't have enough money to collect them from people who shouldn't have them - so either raise prices or wait until you catch up before handing out more.

Leave a comment:

• dadudaman4
    replied
    Originally posted by mckbln View Post
    A few points. First of all, regardless of WTF Trump said, a mature, rational, SANE person doesn't take a semi-automatic rifle...and that's what it was, NOT an "assault rifle", and shoot innocent people. Period. Secondly, given the shooter's mental health history he should not have been able to purchase or own a firearm; here in Illinois he would have been immediately flagged. Go back a few years to the Texas church shooter; had the Texas State Police had his Bad Conduct discharge from the Air Force for felony spousal abuse HE would not have been able to own a firearm legally. Here in Illinois a few years ago the Red Flag bill passed here in Illinois...the first edition was terrible but the ISRA (Illinois State Rifle Association) worked with a bi-partisan committee and passed a common sense Red Flag Law. The only flaw in the system comes when things aren't reported, because the Illinois State Police files for both FOID and CCL are updated DAILY. I would also point out that a few years ago a Sun Times reporter was trying to do an expose on how easy it was to purchase a firearm, and went to Maxons, a gun shop and indoor range I go to often, and tried to purchase a firearm. He failed the background check when an assault charge showed up and was denied the purchase. We have laws that work when the proper information is shared and the laws are enforced.
    I agree with you 100%. We have laws already on the books that need to be enforced consistently.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X