X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blonjuan44
    replied
    Originally posted by MAL View Post
    If there is a fire in a theater, I hope that somebody is fearless enough to yell (((FIRE)))

That dope is a good candidate for the Darwin award.

It doesn't sound like he actually broke any laws, but they are going to charge him with stupidity.
    They can charge him with domestic terrorism but likely will not. NRA will back him for court costs. They will get him for about a year and half and he will be out in 7 months. And yes, he will get to keep the guns, or if they say he can't keep them he will, and they will not them. Just like the recent in Aurora shooter in out own back yard that killed another NIU student in another mass shooting. Cost of freedom - perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• MAL
    replied
    Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
    They will probably hit him with the yelling fire in a movie theater clause. So now what do we do, do we tell everybody after a mass shooting hey guys, keep it cool for a couple weeks till it blows over? Something needs to be done. There was more law and order in Dodge city Kansas in the 1870s

Ridiculous
    If there is a fire in a theater, I hope that somebody is fearless enough to yell (((FIRE)))

That dope is a good candidate for the Darwin award.

It doesn't sound like he actually broke any laws, but they are going to charge him with stupidity.
    Last edited by MAL; 08-10-2019, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oldpioneer
    replied
    Why 100 rounds? Taking out herds of bison? You know, in all seriousness. I was And undergrad psychology major. We had a course on Freudian theory. The professor Proposed that men Are fascinated by weaponry due to their own feelings of inadequacy, as in phallically. We all had a good laugh until the professor drew cannons, missiles, swords, rifles, and pistols. Who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Blonjuan44
    replied
    If he was just making a point, why bring 100 rounds also? If they had open carry in IL and someone walks in like that, what would you do? Should proximity in time to a shooting matter? - I bet everybody would look at the person and simply make a judgement on how crazy they look, and most likely leave the store, possibly call the police.

I thought they already did background checks? After I posted that link to the NRA (& Ourtown) I get constant NRA ads everywhere I go on the internet - I have never seen such an aggressive advertiser. (not one for OurTown)

------------------------------
    From the DA:
    "It's really tough to define what is an implied threat," he said. "You have to have put fear of serious bodily injury to multiple people for it to be a first degree terroristic threat."

He said the man's age and criminal history could determine his sentencing.

"I don't believe he has a criminal history, and because of that, that will all be taken into account," Pierson said. "Theoretically he could be given probation, he could be given shock time in the county jail, or he could be sentenced to the Missouri department of corrections."

Pierson said if something like this happened just two weeks ago, before the El Paso and Dayton shootings, he may not have even been arrested.

"But because of those things happened, a reasonable person would be fearful of an individual walking in with a tactical vest and what looks like an assault rifle."

Leave a comment:

• oldpioneer
    replied
    They will probably hit him with the yelling fire in a movie theater clause. So now what do we do, do we tell everybody after a mass shooting hey guys, keep it cool for a couple weeks till it blows over? Something needs to be done. There was more law and order in Dodge city Kansas in the 1870s

Ridiculous

Leave a comment:

Working...
X