Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oldpioneer View Post
    OK LD, I challenge you to find any post on this site or Facebook for that matter that has a cut and paste that long? My wrist hurt after scrolling down. Furthermore, Why donít you clearly and concisely solve this whole gun control dilemma?
    I did not break any records with that copy and paste.

(((CAMERAS!!!))) Problem solved

Comment

• How does cameras stop someone from shooting a weapon?

Comment

• Originally posted by barzagar View Post
        How does cameras stop someone from shooting a weapon?
        Not to speak for anyone else but I perceived it as accountability deters people from shooting a weapon and cameras increase accountability. I'm no fan of guns but I would agree with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
          BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I will be back to speak to you this Sunday evening. The sermon will be entitled "At What Cost?" I hope you will join me. In the meantime, you can receive an autographed copy of each of my sermons and a bottle of holy antigun juice with your love donation of $1,000.

In order to get that private jet I've got an itch for, I will need love donations from 40,000 of you. Believe me, I don't necessarily want a private jet, but in order to spread the Word, I will need angel wings. In the meantime, ponder this, my friends:

Of course it is about money. 75% of NRA money comes from gun manufacturers. They pay off the politicians. Simple as that. America is for sale and that is why it gets more foreign funding than other countries. (Most mines/us minerals - are owned by foreign companies.) When people give more money to "our town" or make the gun manufacturers pay for the deaths (more likely) than things will change. I am fine with that. I guess there are no "no getting shot" manufacturers. Maybe the knife companies should get rid of the gun issue. How bout wrestling putting in all that extra $ it has! ha!, I think wrestlers feel less need to carry a gun. Whether that is wise depends on the variables.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nra-r...s-fro_b_848727
          There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...

Comment

How does cameras stop someone from shooting a weapon?
            Would you do anything illegal if you knew that your face would be on the 5:00 news in the act of the crime? It would cost some money, but if there was a network of cameras, there would be no place to hide. The police could watch the criminal park his stolen car in front of his house. Inner city crime has reached the level that makes privacy is a secondary concern. The camera footage could be subject to a warrant if it needs to be.
            Last edited by MAL; 08-23-2019, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
              Of course it is about money. 75% of NRA money comes from gun manufacturers. They pay off the politicians. Simple as that. America is for sale and that is why it gets more foreign funding than other countries. (Most mines/us minerals - are owned by foreign companies.) When people give more money to "our town" or make the gun manufacturers pay for the deaths (more likely) than things will change. I am fine with that. I guess there are no "no getting shot" manufacturers. Maybe the knife companies should get rid of the gun issue. How bout wrestling putting in all that extra $ it has! ha!, I think wrestlers feel less need to carry a gun. Whether that is wise depends on the variables.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nra-r...s-fro_b_848727

The NRA gets way too much credit for big political spending. They are not even in the top 50. The teachers unions gave about ten times what the NRA did.

In the 2018 election cycle, the NRA has spent $5,362,861 supporting 265 candidates... https://www.thetrace.org/features/nr...nance-tracker/

Top 51 political donors
              https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?id=

Comment

• Originally posted by MAL View Post
                Would you do anything illegal if you knew that your face would be on the 5:00 news in the act of the crime? It would cost some money, but if there was a network of cameras, there would be no place to hide. The police could watch the criminal park his stolen car in front of his house. Inner city crime has reached the level that makes privacy is a secondary concern. The camera footage could be subject to a warrant if it needs to be.
                And what is going to stop them from wearing a mask, breaking the camera, putting something over it to mask the vision, etc.

Every word out of your mouth is criminals don't follow the laws, why would you expect them to follow this.

You don't know anything about urban crime if you think this will fix the problem. The gun violence in Chicago is highly correlated with drugs and gangs.

Comment

And what is going to stop them from wearing a mask, breaking the camera, putting something over it to mask the vision, etc.

Every word out of your mouth is criminals don't follow the laws, why would you expect them to follow this.

You don't know anything about urban crime if you think this will fix the problem. The gun violence in Chicago is highly correlated with drugs and gangs.
                  Why are they already using cameras (as noted by the blue lights) in the most problematic areas? A more extensive network gives you at least a chance to follow perps home or to their car. Mask or no mask.

Why is it police often use whatever private commercial surveillance was in place to assist in police work? Because it works.

No one is asking anyone to follow any more laws than they already do.

As for gun violence correlated with drugs and gangs, the crux of that problem is that no one cares enough about those troubled segments to do enough to help them. Let them kill each other is too often the mindset.

Comment

They will wear masks...they will vandalize the camera...they will move their crime indoors or out of town...they will do everything they can to avoid arrest...but when a crime is being investigated we will know everybody that went into and out of the house in question...we will know where they live, who they hang out with...there will be a mountain of evidence right from the start. Law enforcement could literally follow the masked criminal home.

The footage should probably be subject to a warrant.

How will legal pot affect the gang problems in inner cities? I think that it will just cause a shift in criminal activity...probably won't reduce crime.

Comment

You guys think climate change is hoax, a dude in Fed Prison is killed by the Clintons, but don't think the NRA has massive influence when they will even tell you that they do? They gave Moscow Mitch 7 Mil last year alone (on the books, plenty off the books). They just gave him 1.6 Mil after these latest shootings. Its blood money. They get a bang for there buck because other $ doesn't have the constitutional right as an excuse. They are very good about who they pay and how and where it shows up? Like everything else, it is a skill. And I am not saying that it is wrong. That is "the system", if they are not going to jail - let the money decide, but don't deny that it is the system. They just need more blood money on the other side - it will come.

How many people can call the president and immediately have him change his position: On August 7, the president picked up the phone to discuss the idea with Wayne LaPierre...(we have un-elected organization determining policy)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ks-nra/596413/

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/08...nd-checks.html

Comment

You guys think climate change is hoax, a dude in Fed Prison is killed by the Clintons, but don't think the NRA has massive influence when they will even tell you that they do? They gave Moscow Mitch 7 Mil last year alone (on the books, plenty off the books). They just gave him 1.6 Mil after these latest shootings. Its blood money. They get a bang for there buck because other $ doesn't have the constitutional right as an excuse. They are very good about who they pay and how and where it shows up? Like everything else, it is a skill. And I am not saying that it is wrong. That is "the system", if they are not going to jail - let the money decide, but don't deny that it is the system. They just need more blood money on the other side - it will come.

How many people can call the president and immediately have him change his position: On August 7, the president picked up the phone to discuss the idea with Wayne LaPierre...(we have un-elected organization determining policy)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ks-nra/596413/

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/08...nd-checks.html
                        The NRA should not be necessary. They only advocate for rights that are already protected by the constitution. The constitution make Wayne LaPierre's job a lot easier so that huge sums of money are not as necessary.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Comment

They will wear masks...they will vandalize the camera...they will move their crime indoors or out of town...they will do everything they can to avoid arrest...but when a crime is being investigated we will know everybody that went into and out of the house in question...we will know where they live, who they hang out with...there will be a mountain of evidence right from the start. Law enforcement could literally follow the masked criminal home.

The footage should probably be subject to a warrant.

How will legal pot affect the gang problems in inner cities? I think that it will just cause a shift in criminal activity...probably won't reduce crime.
                          This is what people are overlooking. There is a whole segment of people out there currently earning their living on the illegal sale of marijuana. Do you think they are going to shift to legal selling to continue their income? Look for heroin marketing to step up their game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mooseknuckle View Post
                            This is what people are overlooking. There is a whole segment of people out there currently earning their living on the illegal sale of marijuana. Do you think they are going to shift to legal selling to continue their income? Look for heroin marketing to step up their game.
                            Well at least law enforsement can key on heroin right instead of both? Again its about money - China causes 50,000 American Fentanyl deaths per year- $ keeps it around. Some people say tylenol-far-most-dangerous-drug-ever-made but $ would keep it legal. On the other hand, they outlaw forms of herbs like kava that kill very few.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2017/09/11...ver-made-11711

Comment

The NRA should not be necessary. They only advocate for rights that are already protected by the constitution. The constitution make Wayne LaPierre's job a lot easier so that huge sums of money are not as necessary.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
                              There isnít a single mainstream politician holding office in the House or Senate who has put forth a proposal to repeal the Second Amendment. So we can eliminate that argument there. It would probably be safer to allow missile launchers instead of semi automatics - according to your argument, no weapon infringed.

Comment

There isnít a single mainstream politician holding office in the House or Senate who has put forth a proposal to repeal the Second Amendment. So we can eliminate that argument there. It would probably be safer to allow missile launchers instead of semi automatics - according to your argument, no weapon infringed.
                                I would trust you with a missile launcher. Why don't you trust me with one?

The purpose of the second amendment was because they needed guns and cannons to send an oppressive King back across the pond.

A governments natural tendency is to grow and accumulate more power...too much power is dangerous no matter who has it. Any restriction on guns causes a shift in power. A while back I posted a link about Mass shooting committed by governments. All of the worst mass shootings have been committed by governments...the US Government has been guilty of shooting citizens in the past, and I would not trust them in the. future...especially if they had all the guns.

The second amendment does not have exclusions...if you think it should have exclusions, there is an amendment process.

Comment

Working...
                                X