NIU Roster Posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIU Roster Posted

The 2007-08 NIU Huskies wrestling team is posted on their website. Looks like a strong freshman class . . .

It should be! I know all the hard work that went into recruiting those kids!

Comment

Also pay attention to the guys comming out of their red shirt.This Bunch are tuff and smart.All did well at opens last year. With Dakota healthy now and getting stronger bye the week. He beat U of Mi. No.1 recruit at 285 last year at an open.
      Last edited by grizzley; 09-24-2007, 07:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It's a shame those kids committed to wrestle at NIU because of Joe Williams. Hopefully they don't fall into Grant's web and quit or leave-seems to be the trend.

Comment

Whats a shame is that you think these recruits went to NIU because of J.Williams. Nothing could be farther from the truth!The ones that left had no heart,it wasn't the staff.Quit making alibias for those that left maybee when you are a junior and can't beat an incomming freshman its not the coach!

Comment

Originally posted by grizzley View Post
            Whats a shame is that you think these recruits went to NIU because of J.Williams. Nothing could be farther from the truth!The ones that left had no heart,it wasn't the staff.Quit making alibias for those that left maybee when you are a junior and can't beat an incomming freshman its not the coach!
            So you are saying that when 3-5 wrestlers, sometimes RANKED starters and upperclassmen leave the team EVERY SINGLE YEAR it's them and not the coaching? If you believe that I have some land you should take a look at.

Comment

Can anyone in the know give some word on how Bryan Deutsch is holding up at NIU?

Comment

Originally posted by halfman View Post
                Can anyone in the know give some word on how Bryan Deutsch is holding up at NIU?

Bryan Deutsch is holding his own and is experiencing wrestling as a newcomer to college. (at least that is what my source says)

Comment

Thank you very much. He was a solid state title contender for three of four years, losing to state champs Coughlin and Paul Young of IU in finals matches his junior and senior years ,respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by halfman View Post
                    Thank you very much. He was a solid state title contender for three of four years, losing to state champs Coughlin and Paul Young of IU in finals matches his junior and senior years ,respectively.

Good! Hopefully he will be a tough kid for Northern Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire at Will View Post
                      So you are saying that when 3-5 wrestlers, sometimes RANKED starters and upperclassmen leave the team EVERY SINGLE YEAR it's them and not the coaching? If you believe that I have some land you should take a look at.

I dare you to pull the roster of three other college wrestling teams and check to see if they loose 3-5 guys at the end of the season. That is just the way college wrestling is. Some guys can tough it out while others are not tough enough or have other "issues" that impact them.

All college sport positions, football, basketball, and yes, even wrestling are positions that can be replaced. There is always someone waiting in line for that position.

Comment

Uccardi has heart...

Comment

Who are these 3-5 starters? Where were they ranked? Go ahead name them.I think its the same as that land you say you have.Non existent!
                          Bryan Deutsch is is doing just great,working hard and a good student.Hope he fills the void at 165. Tuff to lose J.Galloway. Go Huskies mac attack the big ten.

Comment

This topic gets brought up all the time.....kids leaving NIU.
                            I will be honest....never has there been 5 guys, or even 3 guys, who were going to be started and left the team. Maybe they could have competed at times for a position, but never was there that many starters who left.
                            It comes down to something that I feel is actually bringing down our society as a whole - kids are not willing to work out of their comfort zone in order to be successful. They want what comes easy. In high school, they start all 4 years, work pretty hard (but neevr too hard) and think they are awesome. They get to college, and start to get beat up on. They realize that life in the wrestling world is NOT easy, and that they cant go out every night and drink and have fun and still wrestle. So, they quit. And if they dont quit, then they soon realize they will never start, and quit soon after. College wrestling is a tough transistion (trust me....) and some kids do not make the transistion well. It takes a lot to swallow your pride a little bit and suck it up when it is not easy the first year or so. Some kids are not used to doing this because they were coddled their whole lives.
                            Not to knock on anyone or anything, but it is a lot easier to go and start for a lower division program than work harder and get better and start Div 1. Thats just the way it is most of the time. The kids arent willing to do what it takes to get themsevles better, so they take an easier road (still no easy, though) and go somewhere else where they can start and still only work "pretty hard". (this is not directed towards any individual or any program....)
                            Again....it is actually society's fault. I was raised with the belief that nothing comes easy. Nothing is free in life. I had to work for almost everything in my life from day 1, and therefore I was used to it when it came down to tough times. Other kids, though, are too much like the rest of society, and are not used to being pushed, and not used to not getting whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Donovan View Post
                              I dare you to pull the roster of three other college wrestling teams and check to see if they loose 3-5 guys at the end of the season. That is just the way college wrestling is. Some guys can tough it out while others are not tough enough or have other "issues" that impact them.

All college sport positions, football, basketball, and yes, even wrestling are positions that can be replaced. There is always someone waiting in line for that position.
                              Yes every team loses guys. However every team doesn't have 75% of the kids that leave claiming the same reason. Grant plays favorites it's no secret and the kids he ignores in the room leave and aren't happy about it. Yes of course there are the kids that just can't handle it but those aren't the ones complaining. They know they messed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X