X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here comes Augustana!

http://www.themat.com/index.php?page...rticleID=17276
    "Good News For Vegetarians & Turkeys!"

Good things to come in Rock Island. Very cool...
    Eat, sleep and wrestling.

Comment

Wow good for the state of Illinois and for Augustana. A guy like him could easily be a DI coach.

Comment

Augustana used to be a very solid DIII program. Maybe they will return to form and even better.
        "Boys freestyle. Real men Greco."

Comment

Wow, nice pick-up for Augustana.
          "When I step on the mat I try to score points & entertain the fans". Offensive points scored 2205.. Offensive points against 32.. Never put on his back.. 97 pins.. 24 TF.. 26 MD.. 16 Dec.. 17 FFT.. 2 ID.. 90% of wins by bonus points.. 93% of wins at State by bonus points.. final 115 matches offensively outscored opponents 1472-2.. never taken down in any state series match in IKWF or IHSA.. some say that's not dominating.. some say not a good mat wrestler.. I disagree.

Comment

It may take a little while. The cubboard is kind of bare at Augie. Eric has been running his Young Guns club for the Illinois side out of Augie for the past year and working some with the Augustana wrestlers.

It appears that the Augustana staff is committed to getting the program the resources it needs to get back to the level it has been in the past.

Good Luck Eric!

Comment

I will believe that when it happens. It appears administration has not been very supportive of the wrestling program the past few years, cutting the head wrestling coaching position to part time, very little pay for the assistants, etc... Eric is pretty hard headed, though, and if he can't get it done, nobody can. If he can't, I look for this position to be somewhat short-lived, as he won't stick around without big time administrative changes.
              sigpic
              Coe College Kohawks

Comment

Augie's problem is that they rather throw all their money into buying up residential neighborhoods in the area... I know several people in the area that have sold their homes to the college for way more than what its worth... Augie is offering big money for private homes that surround the campus.... that and they put tons of money into their state of the art baseball complex, and their field turf for their football stadium.. Yet... no money for a full time head coach... its sickening.. that school is great.. great academics, very nice campus... The school is a great time for students and plenty of things to do in the area...

Augustana has one thing... Potential... Its up the administration to let it out though...

Comment

Working...
                X