NWCA All Star Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWCA All Star Classic

Poeta and Tannenbaum are going. First time for Poeta, second for Tan. Poeta will wrestle Henning and Tan should be wrestling Perry, but the web site states TBA.

Also, they list Poeta from Michigan. IL just can't get the respect it deserves (joking).

You beat me by a minutes...

From the NWCA website at http://www.nwcaonline.com/allstarclassic.cfm

Monday, November 19, 2007

CONFIRMED MATCHUPS/WRESTLERS

125: Paul Donahoe (Nebraska) vs. Jayson Ness (Minnesota)

133: Tyler McCormick (Missouri) vs. TBA

141: Charles Griffin (Hofstra) vs. TBA

149: Dustin Schlatter (Minnesota) vs. Josh Churella (Michigan)

157: Craig Henning (Wisconsin) vs. Mike Poeta (Michigan)

165: Eric Tannenbaum (Michigan) vs. TBA

174: Keith Gavin (Pittsburgh) vs. Matt Stolpinski (Navy)

184: Jake Varner (Iowa State) vs. Roger Kish (Minnesota)

197: Phil Davis (Penn State) vs. Mike Tamillow (Northwestern)

285: Tervel Dlagnev (Nebraska-Kearney) vs. Dustin Fox (Northwestern)

That guy, TBA, is wrestling at three different weights!

Seems silly to have so many all-Big Ten match-ups.. but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Anyway, if history is a lesson, a third of the listed guys will withdraw due to injury. Hope not.

Comment

When was the last time Oklahoma State and Iowa didn't have a representative?

Comment

Lets show a little love for mike tamillow. he'll be there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wrestlingnut View Post
          When was the last time Oklahoma State and Iowa didn't have a representative?
          Good point, but I'm sure that Coleman Scott and Mark Perry were invited, but declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Conquistadors View Post
            Good point, but I'm sure that Coleman Scott and Mark Perry were invited, but declined.
            You are right. I know that Nickerson declined as well as Scott. I am sure Perry did to though like you said. It is nice to see the Big Ten represented well though! IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by oldgrappler112 View Post
              Lets show a little love for mike tamillow. he'll be there as well.
              I love Mike Tamillow. There, you happy? I've certainly been pulling for Mike ever since his freshman year (at 184, I think). He had a very solid freshman year during the season, had a good Big Ten dual record, but had a poor showing at tournament and hence didn't move onto the NCAA. I was really glad to see him AA last year.

Speaking of Mike Tamillow. I thought of him as such a solid wrestler that I thought he would give Max Askren, who has a loose style, a tough match last year. At National Duals they faced each other and Max easily defeated Mike. From that, I was also unbelievably surprised that Max went two-and-out at NCAAs. All I can guess is that it was a case of the nerves (the Scott Barker syndrome??). Best of luck to Mike and Max this year.

Comment

Will Fox be able to make weight by then?

Comment

Working...
                X