Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIU @ Rochester Duals (Minnesota, NDSU, Northern Colorado)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIU @ Rochester Duals (Minnesota, NDSU, Northern Colorado)

NIU takes on #1 Minnesota first at 10 a.m. Some possible match-ups...

133: #2 Mack Reiter, Sr. Minnesota vs. #10 Pat Castillo, Sr. Northern Illinois
    174: #6 Gabe Dretsch, Sr. Minnesota vs. #12 Duke Burk, So. Northern Illinois

Rankings courtesy of Intermat.
    Illinois' Premier Wrestling Website

Castillo lost by 1 point to Reiter and ended the match with 56 seconds of riding time. Duke lost 3-2 to Dretsch.
    Last edited by admin; 11-24-2007, 04:41 PM. Reason: wrong score

Comment

Both these matches were essentially evenly wrestled. The differerence was that Reiter & Dretsch were able to finish a shot and takedown, whereas Castillo and Duke, both of whom were in very deep, could not. With Duke, he seemed tentative for the first part of the match, before getting more assertive in the latter half.

In their other two matches, as far as I saw, both won pretty handily.

Castillo looked to have very strong AA potential. It will be fun to see how he does at Midlands.
      Last edited by Conquistadors; 11-25-2007, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Conquistadors View Post
        Castillo looked to have very strong AA potential. It will be fun to see how he does at Midlands.
        Couldn't agree more... I attended the event and was summarily impressed by Castillo... he was in on Reiter's right leg the entire match REPEATEDLY but didn't finish.

Comment

A couple of points...

The Norther Colorado 125er gave Ness all he could handle. He roughed him up right off the start and it took a few before Jayson reclaimed control of the match....

NIU lost a heartbreaker in their second dual vs. NDSU. Score was 17-12 NIU with two matches left. NDSU scores a PIN to make it 18-17 and the hvywts need to decide it... with a third period tied score 3-3 and thrity seconds left, NIU gets hit with stalling, a subsequent takedown, and a fleeing the mat all in about 4 seconds to make it 7-3... Yikes. A raucous fan contingent attired in green erupted.

No one in red and black was too happy but credit them for being gentlemen afterwards...

Not that I would ever think I've picked up a trend from JRob's guys but I noticed more than a few to them circled right and shot a cross-leg ankle pick whenever anyone came down heavy on their heads from the front. Interesting to watch.

The Schlatter brothers are simply awesome. Cole Konrad will be sorely missed... I think the cupboard MAY be a little bare at heavywt because no one wanted to be behind the King...

Comment

You can now watch the NIU vs. Minnesota dual on Flowrestling.

Comment

Working...
            X