Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Illini, Dec 8th

Does anyone know anything about the following:

*At 125, Ryan Klingman wrestled at Vegas and Joe Gomez went to UNI with non-starters and redshirting freshman. Does this mean that Ryan is now the 125 pound starter (until Kyle competes)? Or did Joe not go to Vegas for some other reason?

*At 133, any idea how Gabe Flores is doing? He was injured two weeks ago in a match against Michael Martin. Any idea what the injury was and how serious it is?

*174, Don Reynolds was injured in his last match with Ben Askren. Don has really been snake bitten with leg injuries. I hope this is minor. Anyone know the seriousness of Don's injury? Will he wrestle this weekend? At Midlands? Or is this more serious?

*197. I saw that Patrick Bond did not wrestle at UNI. Any idea why not? Injury? Tests coming up the next day? Just curious.

Thanks for any information.

this is kind of a late response but i'll answer your questions as best i can
    *125- Ryan Klinger is the U of I wrestlers name FYI, and he went there because Gomez will now be at 133 because of weight problems and probably stay there until gabe returns. Ott is now back at 125 and will stay there for the year barring any injuries
    *133- Gabe's back practicing but not live, just drilling. Best guesses will be that midlands is a slight possibillity for him to wrestle in, but most likely not till after the new year and gomez will be at 133 till then (he sprained both LCLs, one more severe then the other)
    174- Donny just rolled his ankle, nothing too serious to worry about. He wrestled against augastana and will continue to wrestle the rest of the year
    197- Since the beginning of the season Bond has had nagging hip flexor and hamstring injuries. It'll just take time before he can get back to 100% and seeing as most open tournaments are over, he will probably not compete the rest of the year unless he finds an open tournament on his own
    HOPE THAT HELPS

Comment

Also, don't expect to see either Flores or Ott at Midlands. Ott doesn't wrestling Midlands and Flores' first matches back will likely be the California trip in January. It's my understanding that Donny hit his head on Askren's knee at Vegas (similar to Poeta on Roger Smith) and was briefly out, which is why he didn't get up from bottom and was called for stalling. That's why he didn't continue - not the ankle, but he looked fine on Sunday.

Comment

With a handle such as "u of i," you must be very reliable .

But in all seriousness, thanks for your response.

Any idea if the staff is planning on having Kyle wrestle at Midlands?

Originally posted by u of i
        this is kind of a late response but i'll answer your questions as best i can
        *125- Ryan Klinger is the U of I wrestlers name FYI,
        Thanks for correcting me. So Ryan is now the #2 person at 125, right? Neither Joe or Gabe will see 125 again this year. This is getting ahead of ourselves, but would Gabe look to go 125 next season?

and he went there because Gomez will now be at 133 because of weight problems and probably stay there until gabe returns. Ott is now back at 125 and will stay there for the year barring any injuries

*133- Gabe's back practicing but not live, just drilling. Best guesses will be that midlands is a slight possibillity for him to wrestle in, but most likely not till after the new year and gomez will be at 133 till then (he sprained both LCLs, one more severe then the other)
        Ouch-- hope Gabe's injuries heal. But they sound like the type of injuries that take time. OK, so 133 is #1Flores then #2 Gomez, but Gomez will go until Flores can return.

174- Donny just rolled his ankle, nothing too serious to worry about. He wrestled against augastana and will continue to wrestle the rest of the year
        Yes, I saw that he wrestled Augustana. I'm so glad to hear that his last injury was minor. If Don can stay injury free, hopefully he can regain the confidence that he showed at the beginning of 2004-05, when he beat some quality opponenets, such as Bolyard and Nagel.

197- Since the beginning of the season Bond has had nagging hip flexor and hamstring injuries. It'll just take time before he can get back to 100% and seeing as most open tournaments are over, he will probably not compete the rest of the year unless he finds an open tournament on his own
        Thanks for the info on Bond, Patrick Bond.

HOPE THAT HELPS
        Yes, much appreciate your info.

Since you are Mr. u of i, there is this matter of a parking ticket that I got in front of the Natural History building a few years ago. Think you can help?

Comment

glad to help answer your questions. Unfortunately, i dont think that i can help with your parking tickets seeing as i have about 8 unpaids ones this year, im hoping as time passes that they will just "forget" about them lol. In response to ur comment about gabe going 125 next year, he actually just brought it up to me the other day about wanting to go that weight next year. Time will only tell though

Comment

Working...
          X